After the Rain| Han Jisung / 한지성

The day I was walking home from campus, it started to rain

I hadn't checked the weather forecast in ages, because I didn't feel like it, and I didn't bring an umbrella, lucky.

Today was just like any other day, horrible.

Except, my friends were still staying back on campus for a bit while I decided to run to my dorm, in the pouring rain, even worse.

..(few minutes ago)... .

- I can give you my umbrella!- Jisung had said, before I made the decision to go back to my dorm.

- No need.- I replied, I didn't want to take it with me than forget to give it back to him.

- Please? I insist, after all I don't want you to get sick.- Jisung said, trying to put the umbrella in my hand.

- It's okay, and besides the rain doesn't look that bad. I'll make it in time to my dorm before the weather gets any worse.- I told him reassuringly.

I looked at him then outside, where the droplets were falling from the sky.

- Okay, but, if anything happens contact any of us. Got it?- Chan said, making direct eye contact with me.

He had a soft look in his eyes and was very gentle with his words.

- Alright!- I said giving a light giggle.

They all smiled at me before returning to their papers and assignments they needed to finish.

- Take care!- Seungmin and Jeongin said and the others wished me well too.

- I swear if you get sick-

- I know, I know, but, save your voice. No need to give me an entire lecture.- I said interrupting Jisung.

He was the first friend I made ever since coming to this university

The people here are lovely but, I didn't want to go out of my way and bother them.

Uncoincidentally, him and I were both in a secluded place of the library, where not a lot of people are to begin with, he found me sitting in "his spot".
Which started a conversation on how I found this spot. Surprisingly he wasn't mad he even laughed and asked if we could be friends, because our humor clicked instantly.