Chapter 19

DOUCKETT LAURANT

Nadia and I decided that I will go to Kristia's condo to fix things up. Although she was a bit anxious about the idea, but she ended up agreeing.

While I was driving to Kristia's place, I stopped by to the Mall to pick up every baby stuff that I ordered.

It is for the baby.

The only thing I can do for now is fulfill my duties. And I truly hope that I am doing this for everyone's sake.

I placed everything at the back and drove again. As I reached the parking lot, I asked a guard to help me in carrying the boxes up to the 10th floor.

For a pregnant woman, I do not really advice Kristia to stay in that high place. In case she's in labor, it will take her time to go to the Hospital.

I clicked the button to notify her inside. She was fast to open the door and greeted me with her smile.

"Hi! What brings you here?" she greeted and made for me.

"I brought you baby stuff." I answered and signaled the guard to leave the boxes near the door and he left by then.

"Thanks. I was just planning to shop for them with Celine."

"I got it. Don't bother anymore." after arranging the boxes, I unbuttoned the upper buttons of my polo and headed to the kitchen to get some water for myself.

"So, how's your life with Celine?" I diverted the topic.

"She's been very helpful and caring. The typical loving sister you know and I love being with her here."

"Good, good."

"How have you been, love?" she asked and sat on one of the kitchen bar counter chair.

"Nadia and I are good."

I am holding back my mouth to speak ill-mannered words against her. I am here to fix things as how it should be, and I won't break my promise to Nadia.

"I'm happy for you both, Douckett." a hint escaped her mouth.

"By any chances, did you mean what you said?"

"Of course! Why would I not?"

"It's because Nadia received a text message saying she's a gold-digger, I'm here to talk about it."

"You really think I'm the one who sent that?"

"I do." I answered without slipping off to our eye to eye contact.

"Why would I say that? Yes, I was mad before but that was long ago. I'm in my right mind, Douckett. I can't forsake my baby's safety just to continue hating anyone." she sounded sincere in all her words.

I know she wasn't lying, and I hope she really isn't.

"If not you, then who?" I questioned.

"What?" she unbelievably uttered. "Am I supposed to keep track of everyone so I could report to you any anomaly that happens?"

"Not like that, Kristia. You know what I mean, don't you?" I clarified and exhaled.