Chapter 21 [NBAG - 2]

DOUCKETT LAURANT

Battle of the Bands.

9 P.M.

We had a special seat in the front row, everyone is gathered tonight for the opening event of the Founding Anniversary of the Naval Base Alcatraz Grande.

28th Anniversary.

"Protecting the Seas, Securing our Future."

Here sitting with me are my fellow Officials, namely: Captain Benedict, Lieutenant Topacio, Commander Sanchez, and lastly, Master Chief Petty Officer Escobar.

Nadia decided to stay in the Room, meanwhile, I asked some of the Navy to look for her while my presence is still needed here in the Event. That's what I'm here for, in the first place.

From time to time, I call Nadia to ask if she's alright or if she needs me. That's the least that I can do for now.

"Admiral, I must say that I am very proud of your achievements. At such a young age, you were able to attain the highest rank in the Philippine Navy. What a pride!"

Said by MCPO Sanchez in the middle of the band performances and all the other noise inhabiting the area right now.

"I'm most passionate in everything I do. That explains why." I answered him. "Considering my excellence and commitment with the AFP, being an Admiral is what I deserve."

"Well, that's true! You've really outdone yourself, you're truly blessed." he responded quickly.

My phone suddenly rang and I saw Nadia's name on the screen. She's calling, something must be up right now.

I stood up and went to the inside of the hall just quite near from the behind of where we were sitting.

"Hello, love. Is there something going on?" I greeted half-worried.

"Hindi ako makatulog." she answered.

"What can I help you?"

"Baka pwede ako pumunta diyan?" she was hesitant. "Kung pwede lang ha, sobrang gising kasi ng diwa ko ngayon eh tsaka abot dito yung ingay ng banda. Nae-excite tuloy ako manuod."

I could picture out her facial expression right now, how she pouts and gives me that cute baby eyes while asking for something.

"It's past 9 o'clock in the evening, love. You might catch a cold or get sick if you go here." I uttered. "Maybe I can just leave this crappy event and stay in the room with you? Besides I've got nothing to earn in watching this shit, though. What do you think?"

"No, hindi ka aalis diyan para sakin, okay?" she raised a voice. "Pero sunduin mo ako rito ngayon na agad dahil ako na ang pupunta diyan, magsusuot ako ng jacket at kung anong pwedeng suotin para hindi ako malamigan. Tsaka, ayaw mo ba ako matuwa?"

No...

"Love–"

She cut me off. "Hawak ko na ang jacket, at kanina pa ako nakapalit ng sweat pants. Ni-ready ko na rin ang tumbler ko para may mainom akong tubig kapag nandyan na ako."