FIVE

DADDY ISSUES

FIVE...

cynthia was nervous

cynthia was nervous. it had been over two years since she had been taken to the oak valley institution and, to be honest, she expected it to be a forever kind of thing. she wondered if it would be dumb to go back to her house, but she wanted to see it before it was raided, before the scary people were after her. before they realised she had gone. she'd left. it truly hit her. she was out of the hell hole.

the trio peered over the hood of a car as they heard sirens pass by them. they were truly in deep shit now. cynthia didn't even want to leave, she just followed the two who kept running through the halls until they were five blocks away and cynthia realised what had happened. she let out a breath of relief when the sirens continued passing, not seeing the trio. "this way." diego led them out of their hiding spot. they ran across the road wearily and down a dark alleyway.

cynthia heard dogs barking as they rounded a corner and peeked around the wall. "alright, we cant stay here too long. they're gonna be looking for us." cynthia rolled her eyes, "obviously, i doubt they're going to just let us go. 'oh well, better luck next time!'... sorry i'm stressed." lila laughed slightly and then turned to diego with a serious look on her face. "the cops or those large scandinavian fellas with guns?" oh shit. cynthia forgot about them, she felt a bit stupid. how could she forget about them. "both."

diego turned away from the duo and began some parkour up to somebody's balcony. cynthia and lila shared a very confused look, considering the fact diego was making quite a loud noise. "what are you doing?" lila questioned him with her arms held open. diego began pulling clothes off the line and cynthia turned to lila.

"dibs on the yellow and white dress." lila nodded and turned to diego as he spoke, "i'm not gonna get very far dressed like a lobotomy case." as he threw the clothes down lila caught the dress that cynthia wanted and they quickly switched. "it's hideous anyways. you mean we won't get very far." cynthia looked appalled. "better than the ugly plaid." lila scoffed at her and gave her the finger, the duo then turned to diego who was descending the stairs and taking off his shirt.

"look, i appreciate your help... but now, we- oh. now we go our seperate ways." the trio were all getting changed as they spoke and cynthia was having trouble focusing. she didn't mean to stare at diego's chest but, come on, it was right there. "why?" lila questioned diego. how on earth was she so focused on the conversation right now? "because they're gonna be looking for us. together. all three of us. we stand a better chance on our own." cynthia pulled her dress over her head and smiled slightly. coloured clothes!

"you need me. we make a good team." cynthia's slightly brightened mood immediately dulled again. of course the two were having a lovers quarrel in the middle of this alleyway whilst they were all half naked and afraid. at least cynthia was afraid. and now they're going their separate ways? nuh-uh. not on cynthia's watch. "mm-mm. too dangerous." cynthia began to panic slightly.