Chapter 46

Not gonna lie...being a demon slayer is much harder than I thought.

Tanjiro and I had to WALK all the way to the town!

By the time we got there, my legs were already tired, but the mission had only just begun.

Just like in the anime, Tanjiro begins to crawl all over the floor, searching for the demon's scent, until the night fell.

The swamp demon was more irritating to deal with than I thought. Its voice and low respect for a woman is just really pissing me off, so I decided to finish it off. 

I was heading for the two-horned one, when the three-horn caught me off guard, and punched me in the guts. Really hard. I think it cracked my ribs too...

Blood spat out of my mouth as I went through an enormous amount of pain. I couldn't even stand up straight.

"(Y/n)-san! Are you okay?" Tanjiro yelled as he dealt with the one-horned demon.

"Y-yes...I think my ribs are cracked.." I said through panting.

"Go rest! I'll deal with them-" He began, but the two-horn demon appeared out of nowhere, and was ready to punch his back...

when our Nezuko appeared!

Her pupils were now in verticle slits. 

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro yelled, looking back.

Nezuko made a deep slash of three on the demon's face, as the demon backed away.

"What the hell...a human carrying a demon!?" It yelled, going back in into the swamp.

"(Y-y/n)-san, I can explain-" He began to walk towards me, but I held out my palm to stop him.

"Don't worry, I understand."

"H-huh? How?-" 

"I'll explain later! Behind you!" I said, thrusting my sword at the swamp demon behind him.

My katana pierced right through his chest.

"You filthy little rat...at least you're young. I'll devour you after I finish off this brunette," The demon said, licking his lips as he decided to punch Tanjiro's face.

I instantly pulled my sword out, and blood dripped out of its mouth, so Tanjiro cut off his wrist.

"You little rats!" It yelled, as one of its clones kicked out ankles really hard, so we fell to the floor.

I swear my ass hurts-

But that impact made my ribs hurt even more since it was already cracked...I just really hope it at least didn't worsen it.

"(Y-y/n)-san! underneath you!" Tanjiro yelled, pushing me to the side as he stabbed the demon that appeared underneath me...right in the mouth.

But he couldn't pull his katana out.

"I'll go under! Protect the man and girl!" Tanjiro yelled as the swamp absorbed his head.

Guess I'm alone with Nezuko now...

But gotta say, she's an expert at fighting. Her kicks are powerful enough to turn the demon's head 360 degrees several times.

I ended up cutting the three-horn demon's head off, but since the other two's head isn't off yet, it regenerated. 

Well, that counts as...killing one demon, right?..

I wonder how Tanjiro is doing..I know he trained on a high mountain and the air is really thin..but I still worry.

Shit, the demon's claw scratched my cheek.

I felt the warm liquid of my blood rolling down onto my chin. I bit my lips as I tried to hold back the burning wound's pain.

Getting into the fighting position once more, I charged at the two-horn demon and cut its neck halfway through when I noticed Nezuko was having trouble.

Oh gosh...her face is slashed with blood dripping down. 

Yikes...that must hurt..

The demon was about to attack her once more when Tanjiro jumped out of the swamp and cut off the demon's wrist.

"Hands off my sister!" He yelled as he pierced its chest.

It fell onto the fence on the sidewalk.

"Tell me about Muzan Kitbutsuji," He said, with a completely different vibe.

The demon's expression turned from anger to scared.

"I...I can't. I'm sorry but I really can't!" He yelled.

I hate that this happened but...

with a loud thud, I fell to the ground.

The next thing I heard was Tanjiro's shouting.

                                                                                                         ~

When my eyes opened again...I heard beeping noises.

Is that a ceiling? Where am I?

The scent became more familiar when more of my senses came back.

Oh, it's the butterfly mansion...

I tried to get up, but my ribs became to hurt terribly.

Ouch ouch...never do that again.

"Oh! You're back, (Y/n)!" I heard Shinobu say, coming by my bedside.

"Y-yeah...how did I get here?.." I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Oh, a few Kakushies were just passing by the town, when they saw you and Tanjiro both on the ground."

"Both?! Is Tanjiro okay?!" I asked in a louder voice, but it hurt my ribs again.

"Don't worry, he's being treated right now. Anyways...you might want to look to your right.." Shinobu said, pointing to the bed that was next to mine, and it was covered by a thin layer of the curtain.

"Huh? Why?" I asked, turning my head.

"You'll see when you get up," She said with a smirk, as she went out of the room. 

Wait, a room?

Oh! It's a room with only two beds. That's why!

But is someone behind that curtain?

I was curious about Shinobu's words, so I tried my best to get up while enduring the pain.

I grunted a bit, trying to push my back up from the sheets.

"Shit..it's not working," I cursed silently, trying again.

"You should rest. Cracked ribs are a serious problem," The person suddenly said.

Huh?

Wait..this voice is oddly familiar.

The familiar deep, gentle, soft male voice

But who's?

I squinted my eyes to see who is behind the thin curtain.

A silhouette of the person...is quite familiar too.

the person seems really tall, he's wearing a kimono, and...long hair?

Spikey yet smooth ponytail.

I think I know exactly who this person is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I THINK WE ALREADY KNOW WHO IT ISSS 😱😱😱

Daily chapter reveal about the author:

Author's favorite backstory in demon slayer is the Tsugikuni brothers' backstory <3