Chapter 12: Big bang at school

[Chris]

The moment I opened the door, every eye turned to Eleanor and me, and gasps filled the air. Everyone looked at us as if they were staring at the most bizarre phenomenon. Well, they were not that wrong. Eleanor and I appearing suddenly, with my front practically touching her back and my hand on her lower back guiding her inside was a bizarre phenomenon.

Eleanor was rooted in her place and if it was not for my gentle push and presence behind her I was sure as hell she had run for the hills by now. 

"Ah, thank you for showing up at last, Mr. Harrington." said the teacher mockingly, and Eleanor and I turned to him. His eyes obviously softened and he smiled when he saw his favorite student in front of me. "And it's great to see you again, Miss James."

I ignored all of those dumbasses who were looking at us incredulously and walked to the teacher and gave him the two slips that the principal had given us and whispers raised in the class.

"We have slips." I said shortly. As the teacher examined the slips I looked over my shoulder at Eleanor who had were staring intently at her shoes and was biting her bottom lip. Her eyes were full of anxiety. The carefree girl that was in my car half an hour ago was long gone and God I hate to see her anxious.

"Okay, sit down. Both of you." said the teacher. 

Eleanor was quick to rush toward her friend, Chase's crush, Mia. I watched as Eleanor took her seat and nodded when Mia whispered something in her ear angrily. I looked ahead and saw Chase sitting at our usual seats at the back of the class, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Wow, man." he said as we did a bro handshake and I sat down. "Now I know how you were busy last night. What a surprise. Finally, the saint Mary gave in. I didn't know you were into her. How was she in the bed?"

"Don't," I growled and looked at Chase sharply, hating the fact that most students will think the same. "It's not what you think. We will skip the next class. I will explain everything."

Of course, I would say everything to Chase. He was my brother. Maybe not by blood, but by soul and heart. We knew everything about each other. I couldn't keep something like this from him. I trusted him to keep Eleanor's secret and at the same time I needed to talk to someone about my new emotions or I would explode.

He looked at me a bit confused but didn't ask anymore. He nodded and turned back to stare at the back of Mia's head as always. I don't know why he hadn't asked her out already. He was into her for two years now and didn't have any girlfriends because of her. As much as Mia appears to be tough, I'm sure she can't resist Chase's charms.

This time, I joined him and stared at the back of Eleanor's head. Who would have thought a petit and shy girl like her who barely talks, turn out to be such a strong and fantastic girl? She is just perfect in every aspect and I was lucky to finally see her in this light, and I was hell-bent to help her out of the shit she was going through.

And her personality is another thing that has attracted me to her, like a butterfly to the candlelight. It was as if suddenly I could see the other side of her and get to know her hidden self. She is such a sweet angel. She is so kind and caring and so soft. 

Her eyes, oh her mesmerizing eyes that are windows to her soul can calm me down in instant and melt my heart. I couldn't help this new feeling. I just wanted to stay close to her all the time. I had this sudden urge in myself to have her attention on me all the time. To have her care for me and make me feel worthy.

For the whole class, I just sat on my seat, drowned in my thoughts about her and staring intently at her. The bell's blaring sound snapped me out of my thoughts. I blinked several times and saw Mia dragging Eleanor out of the class, probably to interrogate her.