Part 5- game

"Y/n, you ready?" Asks Philips

"Yeah let's go"

We get our bikes and go to the tigers field. Everyone is already there.

The sandlot boys bat first. Most of them do well. Benny gets a home run. Once they've all batted, we came to the conclusion that if we want to win, two people need to get home runs.

"Play ball!" Yells ham "Hurry up, batter. It's gonna be a short game, and I gotta get home for lunch."

He misses.

"That's one."

Me and Philips look at eachother annoyed.

He hits the next one and just about gets him. The sandlot boys look annoyed.

Another boy goes up to bat. He misses the first two.

"You gotta sort out your team Jordan" I whisper.

"You know, if I had a dog as ugly as you, I'd shave his butt and tell him to walk backwards." Ham teases. "The heater. Here it comes. I dare you."

He misses

"Strike three. You're out."

Everyone else has gone but we still need two home runs if we want to win. It's now Jordan's turn.

"Cmon Jordan!" I yell

He gets ready to hit it.

"Hey, is that your sister out there in left field, naked?" Ham teases "She's naked."

"Shut up, Porter!" He yells, missing the ball

"Hey, hey, hey. I'm just trying to have a little friendly conversation. Come on. You think she'd go out with me?"

"Ignore him, Jordan!" I yell

He hits it and gets a home run. He runs over to me and hugs me.

"Well done!" I say.

"Alright y/n, you need to get a home run to win." He says

"Got it!"

I go over to bat.

"Benny likes you, he's staring at you. If you hit it in his direction he won't catch it." Ham says

I know he's teasing but I look at Benny and he does look a bit distracted. I hit the ball in Benny's direction and run. Benny doesn't catch it and I get a home run.

I celebrate with Jordan. The boys all get mad at Benny. I go over to them.

"I guess girls can play. Unlucky Rodriguez, maybe I am better than you" I start walking off. "Oh yeah ham, thanks for the advice"

"Ham! What did you say to her?!" They ask.

"I might have said that Benny likes her and he's staring at her." He pauses. " and If she hits it in his direction he won't catch it."

"Ham!" They all complain.

"She didn't believe you about the part where you said Benny likes her right?" Squints asks "because he definitely doesn't!"

Benny stays quiet and looks down.

"Right, Benny?!" Squints says.

"Uh, yeah. Guys I gotta go." He runs off.