12

What is fire?

Well, it's fire. Just a flame that gives off heat and burns you if you were get to close. That's what you always thought, however at that time your life was void of any color or meaning, you didn't yet understand the beauty of fire until this day.

The fire radiating the only source of light surrounding her entire being, showing her beautiful tanned skin and shiny silver hair that looked like real silver.

The cold and empty void you once felt in your heart now felt warm, you knew it wasn't from the fire.

It was from her.

There she stood, she stood tall and proud with her hand covered in blood.

Her white silver hair swaying with the smoke and fire, her tanned skin glowing with the fire as the only source of light, her red eyes staring down at you through the thick smoke.

Her beauty was overwhelming.

You froze, your eyes went wide and your mouth agape.

She's so.. So..

Beautiful.

Such a beautiful sight made you feel illegal to see, was this real? Were you really looking at such a beautiful sight? Not even a painting could do the beauty justice.

Absolutely beautiful.

You were to in shock to even stand, Mirko who noticed this didn't hesitate to sweep you up in her arms, making sure she didn't reveal anything or touch anywhere inappropriately.

Her bloodied hand from tearing the males head off stained the white nightgown you wore, yet that didn't even bother you as you were now too flustered to even speak.

"Are you hurt?"

You shook your head no.

"You look young... How old are ya?"

"16.."

"How did you get here.. I'm gonna assume you were just sold off."

You nodded.

"So... How'd ya get here?"

"..."

"Did you sell yourself?"

"..."

She didn't even have to look at your face, Mirko already figured you were the one that agreed to come but decided to begin to run. What made it easy for her too assume was that you weren't crying or sobbing like the others there.

The blank stare on your face was the answer she needed.

Mirko ran through the fire and rumble, you saw other individuals that looked to be similar to you get carried out of the rumble.

The hero's collected and gathered anybody they could that was being sold off, not many got away and you watched all of them get pushed into the back of cop cars once they brought you all back to the surface.

The amount of cameras that were flashing was enough to make you dizzy, many other people who were being carried back to the surface also had chains wrapped around their ankles like yours.

Your ankle was beginning to swell up from the chain.

It feels warm.. Despite Mirko carrying you around in her arms the entire time, she didn't look the least bit tired.

Her grip didn't loosen as she held you close the entire time.

Bump, bump, bump,

You couldn't tell if it was the drugs in your system, or the unknown feeling in your chest.