Never Had a Friend Like Me

The friends sat in the library for a couple of hours, working on assignments. At about 3 Y/N got up to find another book on the mating habits of dark creatures for his Ghoul Studies scrolls when he noticed the looks that were directed at his table.

Many students were working in the library but a number were glaring at Harry who looked up and noticed before looking down again. Y/N's blood boiled as he returned to the desk.

"Hey guys want to take a breather? Go for a walk?"

Harry looked at Y/N relieved, the girls confused before Y/N spoke to them both through legilimency.

Harry's getting a lot of filthy looks from the pricks around us. It would do him good to get some fresh air.

The girls smiled and nodded as they packed up their gear and left. Hermione walked hand in hand with Y/N, Lavender behind next to Harry who looked instantly happier as they exited the castle to a courtyard. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon- the air was cool, the sun was shining and a lot of students were out and about.

"Where are we going baby?" Hermione asked happily as Y/N lead them out of the castle walls.

"Hagrid's. You girls can have a nice cup of tea". Y/N smiled.

"What about me? Harry chuckled.

"You're a Triwizard Champion Harry".

"Thanks for reminding me. Triwizard Champions can't have tea?" Harry asked sullen.

"Triwizard Champions need to train Harry".

A look of worry crossed Harry's face.

—~—

They arrived at Hagrid's hut and he greeted them happily. The girls had a seat outside as he went in to make a pot, Y/N calling Harry a small distance away after he had asked Hermione to let him know when it was four o'clock.

Hermione looked to her left and noticed the Beauxbatons carriage had been set up not far from Hagrid's hut, the Abraxan happily enjoying the sun in another paddock as a number of the Beauxbaton students were having picnics. Many had noticed Y/N and were staring at him.

Hermione clenched her fist which Lav noticed.

"Don't let it bother you Hermione. They can look but they can't touch".

"Wouldn't bloody want to" Hermione scowled.

Y/N told Harry to stop and walked about fifteen feet away from him.

"Draw your wand Harry" Y/N smiled.

"What? Y/N I don't want to-"

Harry was cut off mid sentence as he was struck in the chest with a spell and hurtled through the air, landing hard six feet behind where he had stood.

"Ow. What the hell?"

"What you want no longer comes into it Harry. You're the Boy Who Lived. You're a Triwizard Champion and you're dangerously unprepared for both roles. I should have been more proactive in training you but shoulda woulda coulda. It starts now. Get to your feet, go back to your spot and draw your wand".

Harry grumbled as he got to his feet but did what he was told.

"Now what?" He asked.

"Attack me" Y/N smiled.

"What?!?" Harry asked shocked.

"Attack me" Y/N repeated calmly.

"Why do you want me to attack you Y/N. You're my friend".