[3] Parties and Attitude

Chapter 3
Parties and Attitude
Alexander's POV

It's funny how much we can go through. How many days can go by without attention, how many people can die, yet it's never enough. Because at the end of the day, we have to stand up by ourselves and move on. We have to start a fresh page everyday and not have a reminder of what happened the days before.I name it normal. After all, it's normal to forget, to forgive and to move on.

I never had a chance to think about the party tonight. The opportunity arrived along with the date and so there I was. In front of number 64 knocking on the door. I never had to think things through, i just went along with her.

Surely enough, douchebag me, I forgot her name. I didn't recall properly meeting her, but there were very low chances I would get to know her. That's how uni life was, you go to a party screw someone and move on with your studies.

Oliver was somehow next to me, waiting for the girls to get out. Although he was in fact dating my brother, I knew I could trust him. He's neither a cheater or a liar, which is a very good reason to accept their relationship.

"Happy to know you arrived!" It was that kind of voice that made you listen to it even when you're going to sleep.

"Hey cutie, you ready to go?" I smirked widely, immediately thinking how lucky I can get with girls. It was the best trait of mine. Smart, gorgeous and playful girls!

Oliver on the other hand wanted to show how gentleman he can be. He excused our lateness saying how we got lost. Or rather, the fact that he was unsure of going.

The girl was cute. Her blonde hair laid naturally on her shoulder while her red dress was to kill for. Though, it was quiet short and showed her curves very nicely.

It was just too bad there were a slightly change of plans.

"Oh and by the way. There have been a slightly change of plans, nothing too tragic though." I smirked as widely as I could. I loved wild parties.

"What kind of change?" She immediately seemed confused.

"Nothing major, don't worry!"

"Alright, sure! We're ready to go anyway." It was surprising how nice she was. She gave us a genuine smile while the other girl came. For a moment I felt bad. For being such a jerk to them and not expanding the changes, but I covered it with a smile.

We took off towards the car, us boys ahead since the girls had to close the door and catch up with us.

For a moment I didn't know if we should take them there.

"Don't worry man, the party will be just perfect for them." Oliver was grinning and texting. Young love these days!

"I'm not worrying, I just have a bad feeling about this. Remember, nothing happens to any of them." I gave the most serious face to my best friend and left it there.

It was cold outside, but the journey to the car wasn't too long.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I never liked being spoiled, but a year ago I got my sister's sport car. She got a motorbike for her birthday, so because I didn't have any car and was saving up, she gave it to me as an early birthday present.

Now I come to the conclusion that it was a wise choice to accept the offer. Because I was driving to a private party in the middle of nowhere, at a miraculously slow speed.

Or so I thought.

"Would you please slow down? You're going too fast" Pearl, who was seated on the back seat stated calmly. I guess I was the only one who thought that was a slow speed. Oliver, seated in the passenger seat, was shaking.

"Alright, alright! Cool!" That was the reason we got to the party 30 minutes late. Or the fact that we stopped at a coffee shop, but that was irrelevant.

"Look, I can get a bit sick when the speed is too high, would you slow down?" The other girl, who I still didn't know her name, was calm too. And yes, alright I was going a bit too fast after all.

I couldn't believe I was obeying to what they were saying. Silently, I knew Oliver was bitching about the speed too.

"Alexander, what kind of change of plans were there?" Honestly, I was too preoccupied to notice who's voice it was, but I knew they wouldn't in fact like to hear it.

"My friend's party, he likes them loud and out of town."

I dozed off after that. The words they said were unimportant. But in no time we got there.

"Don't worry, it's not what you think. And besides, we're here ladies!" I parked the car, next to some other cars too, and got out of the car. "But to set some rules here! Pick a partner-"

I was stopped when Pearl and the chick got together as partners.

"-preferably the opposite sex, so you feel safe." Oliver looked up just in time when he was grabbed by the hand. Pearl, left alone in the middle of the circle, glanced at me and kissed her teeth.

"Second, don't leave your partners side. Third, only drink if you got it yourself. Fourth, have fun and keep your phone on vibration."

"You're so boring with your stupid rules and all. Grandpa!" I didn't know where that came from. I guess she was angry enough at me to use these witty comments.

In return, I showed her what I could do too.

Unexpectedly, I pushed her by her hand, colliding her body to mine, and made her trip. But as careless as I could be, I stopped her mid-air with her eyes wide as onions. Her legs, resting on my knees, my arm holding her back while the other holding her hand. The blonde hair was laid back now, her blue eyes shining. I didn't miss the parted lips, and to just give her a mocking act, I leant in to 'kiss' her. And it worked!

Her eyes, closed. Her lips, parted. Her breath, unequal.

Jackpot!

In a second, she was standing. Having to make sense to what happened by herself. I then started walking towards the entry. Oliver and the other girl already left, leaving us alone behind. Too coward to watch the splendid show.

I paid for that gesture I did on the parking, not for long. Though not too harsh, I could not make out with any chicks, having to babysit the little cutie who surprisingly was making out and dancing with a boy. She was here for a second, then left with him some place else the next. Such energy only my cousin had, who was 5.

But I made it fair for both of us when I started making out with a very hot chick. We got intense, and in a millisecond I was kissing her body like my life depended on it.

Only to be interrupted by a very scared girl. Her hair was messy, the lipstick gone while her puffy eyes weren't hard to miss. She looked miserable and frightened. But behind her, I saw why.

A muscular guy, older than us, was staring intensely at her. He looked angry and ready for a fight. I wasn't a fighter myself, I preferred not showing people what I had done a few years back, because I was ashamed of it now. But in cases like these, I had to do something. There's nothing I could say about it.

I grabbed her, kisses her forehead, to seem like a real relationship, eyed my opponent and got ready to question him about it.

Never had I thought he had back up. At least 4 other men came next to the guy, looking ready for a new meat to beat. I would have surrendered, but I was taught not to. With a hot chick by my side and I phone in my pocket, I grabbed her hand and run for my life in the middle of nowhere.