ੈchapter 03* ੈ✩‧₊˚

Author's note:

Hi CodeSaturns, thank you so much for the feedback you all sent on the last chapter. And I appreciate this active support, even though it's nothing compared to the enormous readership enjoyed by famous Wattpad authors.

However, it is the nature of every beginning. If y'all remember Jeff talking about how his parents were the only ones to show up to his debut performance in front of a shopping centre and waiting for him with a bouquet of flowers? But look at him now, the transformation is obvious. He's getting all the love he deserves.🥺

Although this is a far-fetched portrayal of Barcode and Jeff's relationship, I wanted to express my bizarre imagination of them as a middle-aged married couple, so this chapter is fairly long and rather soft.

But I'm willing to bet that in one of those alternative universes, they're actually doing everything I wrote in the following chapter and having a wonderful time doing it.

Now, go enjoy the Chapter! 🪐💜

khop khun ka 🙏🏽

          ୨⎯ Chapter 03 The Relentless Evil⎯୧

Barcode's POV:

It's been two weeks since my husband's terrifying experience, and though those weeks were hectic, with both of us constantly on the go at work, we hardly had time to spare for worrying about the ghosts who apparently haunt our home,but we haven't stopped praying before bed.

Both Jeff's and my schedule went less piled each day and began to follow the same routine. We were both able to enjoy some peace, but we both knew it was just the calm before the inevitable storm was about to hit, and neither of us is prepared. We never were, and as predicted, the nightmares gradually evolved to haunt us, familiar snarks, unfamiliar voices, hand pulls, hair grabbing, and scratches on our bodies, pushed us to sleep late and rise early. Making this the longest period of insomnia we ever had.

If Jeff didn't get any sleep, it showed in his puffy eye bags the next day. I started chilling used- tea bags and placing them on his eye bags the next day morning to help him sober up. He said he hated the smell of damped green tea but enjoyed how they felt on top of his closed eyes.

Later in the week, he became distant and rarely left his office room, which was located in the farthest corner from the living room. I did give him a worried look, and whenever Jeff caught me looking saddened at his state, he shook me off with a kiss on the forehead or the lips that lasted only a few seconds. Days passed without him recognizing my presence. And I promise you, it hurt.

It hurt to the point I felt my energy be thrown in many negative directions, where I would leave rude replies and stiff reactions when Jeff decides to interact with me.

"Want a scoop of this, it's strawberry and cheesecake flavor?"

"No!"

"Why? It's your favorite brand 'Happy Addey'? "