ੈchapter 01 * ੈ✩‧₊˚

Author's note:

Nothing much to say, just enjoy the chapter  🫂👩🏻‍🦰🧡

୨⎯ Chapter 01 The Relentless Evil⎯୧

Barcode's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night with cold sweat dripping from my armpits. To my surprise, Jeff was still sleeping peacefully with his right arm tightly wrapped around my waist from the side and his left leg perfectly rooted over my right leg, providing me with all of his warmth throughout the night.

However, I praised the Lord that he did not wake up with me, as Jeff's schedule for the following week is jam-packed, and he is working so hard to provide his finest performance as usual and the last thing I want to do is disturbing my husband's sleep than it already is.

The moonlight was sufficient to see the eerie shadows skulking around the house as I peered through the entrance to our room. I hide my face in the crook of Jeff's neck with my eyes tightly closed immediately, pleading to forget the sight of the ghost that just peered over the door.

I felt Jeff's hands bringing me closer to him, knowing that I may have seen one of the ghosts that had been in our home for more than two centuries. I wonder whether or not to call this place 'our home' given that none of us has ever felt welcome here.

The next thing I knew, I was kissing my husband on the lips. My eyes were slowly adapting to the brilliant sunlight coming through the window. I smiled at Jeff, who was smiling at me with his warm caramel eyes.

I bit my bottom lip in response to the sight, and he grinned before moving his face closer, placing his forehead on mine, and nuzzling his nose against the bridge of my nose ever so slightly, inhaling as if I were a source of oxygen to him. I giggled at the sight, despite all the misfortune that has befallen me, Jeff is the only fortune that is beyond my imagination. 'I've been praying for this man my entire life', I thought to myself.

"Rise and shine Mr Tinnasit Isarapongporn Satur"

Jeff greeted me with his usual fondness, calling me by his surname was his favourite thing to do in the morning. I slowly bring myself up, finally feeling the wooden floor under my cold feet.

"I'm so sorry for sleeping for too long Phi.."

"it's okay Naphung, seriously.."

"Have you had breakfirst..?"

"Not yet, when I woke up, I was stressing over my office table, my project file was almost going to plunge in our fish tank, glad you closed the hood half way before sleeping yesterday."

Jeff sighed as he organized his office bag with paperwork and his iPad, which he typically uses for quick sketches that come to his mind.

"Still, I should have gotten up early because it's your big week, and I was planning to cook you some mango sticky rice to bless your day, I even had the rice soaked overnight but here I am making you a slice of dry bread with ham and cheese."