Chapter 16 - Taken (Part 1)

Horror POV:

I was taking with Dust, Killer, and Cross in my room. We were bored. We started talking about killing and where Nightmare would take us next. I wanted to fight something. Maybe we could spar. Like a training fight.

"Hey Killer?" I asked. Killer looked at me. So did the others. "Wanna spar? Like fight but not hurt each other." I asked.

"Sure! Sound fun!" Killer hopped up an summoned a knife. I summoned a my axe.

We fought against each other with our weapons. We jabbed and swung at each other but didn't actually land any hits. Dust and Cross were watching happily.

"Are you idiots fighting each other?!" Nightmare shouted, entering my room. His expression changed once he realized we weren't hurt. "Why isn't anyone hurt? Am I asleep?"

"We were sparring!" Killer said, hopping up and down. Nightmare looked more confused.

"Play fight, but with weapons. Not actually hitting each other. And fighting like actual fighting?" I tried explaining.

"Oh. Ok. That's okay." Nightmare said. "Anyway it's dinner time." He left.

We followed him down to the table. I felt better now that I had a little 'fight'. We were having chicken for dinner. I finished his before anyone else, as usual. Dust left a bit of chicken on his and slid the plate to me. I smiled at him and ate it. Nightmare never minded us doing this, as it didn't waste any food. After we all finished, excluding Error, because he didn't eat anything but chocolate, Nightmare made us stay at the table.

"Okay. Tomorrow we're going to an au to kill things rather early. We're doing it early because Error is destroying it later. If we kill everyone and tire out the Stars, that'll make it easier for him." Nightmare explained. We all smiled happily. Best case scenario! We get to kill everyone, Error gets an peaceful destruction, and the Stars lose completely this time! "But." We got a bit worried. "Be weary of the Stars. They've been sneaking around more. I caught Ink trying to sneak up on you guys twice last time. I'm worried Blue and Dream might try the same."

"Why were they sneaking up on us?" Cross asked, voicing all of our thoughts.

"I don't think it's to hurt you. At most it's to take you from me." The last sentence was filled with hatred. He really loved us, huh? I smirked a bit at this. "Go rest up. We leave at 7:00 am." And with that, Nightmare got up and left.

I did my own thing for the rest of the night. I mostly got snacks and watched movies on the iPad Nightmare gave me. He gave us each one so we could watch things on our own in our rooms and hopefully not bother him.

~The Next Day~

Nightmare woke us up early like he said. Everyone seemed okay but Cross. Cross had always gotten up late so it made sense. Nightmare was holding the sleepy kid as he told us the traditional rules. I zoned out as he continued. It was boring. Once he finished his speech, we climbed onto his tentacles to head there.

We arrived on the surface. I smiled. Surface aus always meant more people to kill. Nightmare walked us to the nearest town.

"You remember the rules. Kill everyone, meet up once we're done with the town." Nightmare repeated. "Go!" He said and we took off. Well, all except for Cross.

~After a Lot of Fighting~

I was wandering thorough the far part of the last town. I saw Dust a bit farther away. I walked that way instead. I was about to call out to him when I saw someone near him. Was it one of the Stars? They were slinking around behind the buildings. Should I tell Nightmare? But Dust would be left alone. As I was thinking, they struck. It was Ink! He grabbed Dust. I just reacted and threw my axe at them. It hit Ink in the arm, causing him to drop Dust. He ran up and grabbed my hand. I took the lead and he started firing attacks at Ink, who was now chasing us.