📍3📍

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝙼𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚊- 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚎 𝚇 𝙱𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒-𝚃𝚒𝚐𝚊
𝚂𝚘𝚜𝚘- 𝙾𝚖𝚊𝚑 𝙻𝚊𝚢
𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚊- 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚋𝚘𝚢 𝙳𝙼𝙻 𝚏𝚝 𝙰𝚜𝚊𝚔𝚎

Tomiwa's distress could be sensed from every angle. She was sipping one of the most sugary cocktails but the way her bottom lip kept jotting out at intervals made it look like the content was tasteless. Bland.

She swirled the straw she was using to sip the contents with the speed of a snail. Her sluggish movements made it obvious that she was lost in thought, recalling the horrendous news her father broke to her.

"......we've come to a definitive conclusion to get you and Femi married."

She could swear her father was joking. She stared at him for a while to see if his expression would change to an amused one but when it remained stoic, she knew she was in for a 'forced marriage'. The remaining part of the drama played in her head as she took another series of tiny sips from the drink in front of her.
.

"Listen Tomiwa, that's the best resolution currently and you know how profitable this will be for both this company and theirs. After the wedding, you and Femi will move to Abuja so that you both can manage it well."

Her dad was sounding too serious for her liking. What does forming a merger have to do with marriage? Her father had definitely lost his way. "But dad, I and Femi... we can still manage it perfectly well without compulsorily having to get married and..."

"Tomiwa, you are getting married to Femi. You will listen to me and do as I say."

"Yes dad." Her head was bowed in defeat. She knew better than to keep up with the already lost argument.
.

Tobi watched her sigh for the upteenth time in barely five minutes and his eyes remained on her face with his eyebrows raised.

"What?" Tomiwa didn't appreciate her elder brother staring at her like a creep.

"I should be asking you the same thing. You dragged me out of my photoshoot session and you've not said a word since we got here." Tomiwa remained silent, still sipping her cocktail.

Her rebellious brother wouldn't understand.

"Did your new boyfriend break up with you...." He paused, a smirk finding its way to his lips, "Or..... Are you pregnant?"

The content in Tomiwa's mouth flew out as quickly as she took it in. She had a hand on her chest as she tried to cough out the little that went into the wrong pipe.

The corners of Tobi's lips curled, involuntarily- and he fought back hard as his cheeks swelled momentarily with the pressure- but it was no use. His laughter erupted, annoying the hell out of Tomiwa as he bent over to retrieve a tissue.

Tomiwa stretched her hand and accepted the tissue from Tobi, using it to wipe off the remnants of the spilled liquid on her face and red dress. Her eyes flickered to his with a glare, "Tobi, you're mad. Very very mad."

"This small thing, you don dey vex."

"Fimisile johh. I'm here thinking of how to escape this forced marriage thing and you're busy disturbing me."

"Which forced marriage?" He pushed his seat, leaning towards her, his eyes drooling with inquisitiveness.

Tomiwa gritted her teeth in annoyance, "Tobi, can you just believe dad?" She took in a deep breath trying to calm herself down. "He wants me to get married to a stranger. A. Total. Stranger."