📍11📍

"I don't like girls that don't have Igbo names," the eight year old boy spoke with a sassy tone, stuffing his mouth with his favourite snack

"I don't like girls that don't have Igbo names," the eight year old boy spoke with a sassy tone, stuffing his mouth with his favourite snack. "My mummy said Igbo names are better than English names."

"Who told you I don't have an Igbo name? I have two language names because my mummy is Igbo and my daddy is Yoruba." The five year old girl, whose room he was seated in, boasted, placing one of the heart-shaped watermelon pieces in her mouth.

"It's a lie. You only have one name."

"I have two names. Even my brother has two names."

"It's a lie."

"Stay there now. My second name is Chidera while my brother's second name is Chiemeka. If you think I'm lying go and ask my mummy.

"It's a lie. You don't have any second name." The little boy wouldn't stop teasing her.

"I have," she cried. She was getting frustrated. "I have two second names."

The little boy shook with laughter. "Lie lie. Which kind two second names? You see how they use to catch lie lie girls."

"I'm not lying." Her voice became louder and a pool of tears followed. "I'm not a lie lie girl." But the boy wouldn't stop teasing her. Her cries intensified as she kept on trying to get the boy to believe her."

"I'm not a lie lie girl anything...."

"Excuse me." She blinked once, then twice. She could feel the taps but she was just too lazy to open her eyes.

"Excuse me, ma." That was all it took to bring her back to life. Her eyes travelled from the white coloured ceiling to the white walls to the grey coloured wardrobe at the far end, to the young woman that stood over her and then to her properly clothed self. That was enough to remind her of where she was and how she almost died after having sex- no, after being raped by the beast.

Rape.

She gasped, sitting all the way up.

She was raped!

She felt disgusted and her heart swelled with hate.

How could someone be so wicked?

She rubbed her eyes severally and stretched her muscles with a yawn. Weirdly enough, she felt so good, even better than she had been feeling since the onset of the husband selection drama.

"Madam, Oga say make I wake you up before ten o'clock so that you fit chop." She had almost forgotten that she had company. Her eyes went to the young woman putting on a red chequered apron and a matching cap which gave her a typical Nollywood maid look. "Wetin you go like chop?"

"Uhmm..." Her eyes wandered again until it settled on a bowl of water and a face towel lying beside it. She blinked twice and it was gone from its original position. It was now in the hands of the maid. She raised an eyebrow, "What's that?"