35. Fade Away

The group stared at Supersoldier, surrounded by flames and slowly becoming more visible as the smoke cleared, yet despite the unbelievable amount of power that just hit him, he still stood strong while Blue was nowhere to be seen.

"How is he still standing?" Cleo asked.

"We gotta do it now." Zeke panted.

Jimmy and Frankie fired their weapons toward Supersoldier to try to stall him, and it seemed to work as while the bullets didn't penetrate his skin, they did seem to slow him down as he got weaker. Surviving Blue's blast took a lot of his power as he healed, and was dwindling fast while his body tried to keep him alive.

"He's weak, me and Evan can do it, you just get out of here." Cleo shouted.

"No fucking way Cleo, that fucker is mine." Zeke replied angrily.

"I don't want to die." He thought.

"Zeke stop, the power is messing with you. You need to get out of here before it overpowers you." Cleo begged.

"Cleo." Zeke cried as he grabbed her hands and closed his eyes, using Evan's abilities to force her into a mindscape one last time.

"Cleo, it's too much. Supersoldier gave me a power boost and then Blue gave me more. It's like I'm overdosing on power." He stuttered as he struggled to speak.

"The laser?" Cleo asked.

"Yeah, it burns Cleo."

"We can still get out of this right, what about the plan?"

"I think I'm fucked either way. Supersoldier's power is too intense, he's way stronger than me and I cant handle this much power. I think I've killed myself after all this work."

"Don't say that Zeke, you'll be okay."

"I'm sorry, Cleo."

"Zeke, you'll be okay."

"I, love you." Zeke cried as the mindscape went dark and he opened his eyes, followed by Cleo who looked at him before her expression changed from sadness to anger. Time felt slower as she held out her hand, firing a beam of neon light, knocking Zeke backward before she grabbed Evan's hand.

"Do it now." She yelled as Zeke tried to stand.

"Cleo, NO." Zeke screamed as they closed their eyes.

Supersoldier neared and saw what they were doing, immediately recognising their plan from last time, so without a second thought he fired a laser into Cleo, breaking the connection and sending her flying back, as he turned to face Zeke.

"I am Supersoldier, the strongest man alive, and I won't be killed by a little fucking girl." He snarled before firing a laser toward Zeke, who immediately powered beams of light which forced out of his hands toward Supersoldier.

The light hit the laser, creating a shockwave and blowing their clothes as a pulse rocked past them all. Supersoldier forced harder, trying to kill Zeke, while Zeke focused every bit of his power into the beam to try to subdue Supersoldier.

"Time to die you little fuck." Supersoldier yelled.

"I was gonna say the same to you, Supercunt." Zeke laughed as the beam overpowered Supersoldier, stopping the laser as Zeke ran toward him while his chest and hands glowed.

Zeke jumped at Supersoldier, feeling every ability he had forcing its way out as the complete overload made him smile and laugh while he glowed. Supersoldier looked into Zeke's face, horrified by his maniacal laugh as the blinding light obscured his vision. Supersoldier's face burned as the skin peeled and blistered and Zeke felt a sudden release of power that felt like every power he'd ever picked up activated all at once as an explosion rocked the city and a cloud of smoke filled the street and rose into the sky.