Chapter 3: Additional Motive

(Y/N) POV:

"Ding dong! bing bong!" the speakers in my room went. They were gathered at the dining hall yesterday... maybe I should go there again? Well, I guess I can sleep for a few more minutes...

After what felt like an hour, a loud chime came from the speakers in my room jolted me awake. I groaned, tossing my blanket aside as I attempted to fix my messy, tangled hair. Groggily, I walked towards the door, struggling to keep my eyes open.

"Rantaro?" I mouthed from what I could see, still sleepy.

"Did you get a good rest last night? You look like you're about to fall asleep again. Anyway, it's time to get going. Wouldn't want to keep the others in the dining hall waiting now would we?" he chuckled. I nodded, letting Rantaro lead me to the dining hall.

"Rantaro, (Y/N)! You're here!" Kaede exclaimed, turning to the two of us. I heard Angie muttering about something, but I was not sure what it was.

"This God seems to act in secret a lot..." Tsumugi stated.

"Because God smells of danger." The artist winked at Tsumugi with a grin on her face.

"But... when someone coming to get us?" Gonta mumbled.

"Whoever does... I assume they will come today. There's no need to worry." Keebo assured.

Rantaro heaved a sigh, with his arms by his hips, seemingly troubled.

"Why the long face?" Ryoma turned to Rantaro.

"It's nothing..." Rantaro insisted, "I figure no one would listen to someone who can't even remember his own talent, right?"

"What do you mean?" Kirumi spoke before I could.

"Really, it's nothing. This is... quite the happy ending." Rantaro shrugged, putting up a smile.

"But... is this really how this ends?" Kaede hesitantly muttered, quizzical. I took a glance at Rantaro, then stared at Kaede.

"I mean, it just seems too easy. I don't think it'll end like this." She continued.

"I wonder... Do you wish the killing game would have continued?" Korekiyo questioned.

"N-No, not at all—" Kaede argued, her words interrupted by Miu. "Then don't ruin our happy moment, you f***in' skank!" she yelled.

"Hey, Kaede... I don't know what you're so worried about. But Monokuma is dead now. There's no way the killing game can continue, y'know?" Kokichi put a finger to his cheek.

Before we knew it, a weird lookalike of Monokuma appeared in the middle of the dining hall.

"And that's my cue to appear, kuma!" spoke the bear.

"...What?" Kokichi seemed dumbfounded by the bear's appearance.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" Tenko shrieked.

"M-Monokuma!" said Kirumi.

"Am I dreaming...?" I mumbled to myself.

"H-He's still alive!?" Kaito voiced.

"No, no, are you guys blind or something, kuma? I ain't Monokuma, kuma." The bear refuted, "After dying in a tragic car accident, I've been reborn as a Yo-Kai! Call me Jibakuma, kuma."

"Jibakuma...?" Keebo parroted in disbelief.

"From now on, I'm the headmaster of the Ultimate Academy, kuma!" Jibakuma asserted, "You might feel uncomfortable at first, but eventually you'll get used to it."

A moment of silence had befallen us before the bear spoke up once again.

"...Huh? Did I slip up?" he uttered to himself.

"No duh, ya f***in' fraud! Go find another car to run you over! And this time, stay dead!" Miu insulted the bear.