Chapter 49

You crashed in the middle of the desert, but luckily, no one was hurt. It was also in the middle of an oasis, so there was plenty of wood for a fire. All in all, despite the fact that you literally just crashed in a plane, things were pretty okay….

Your main worry was Kakyoin, he only woke up as the plane was crashing, but besides that, Kayoin had been acting strange this whole day… You wondered if perhaps he was getting sick? It was so strange… Even what he said about the baby this morning was kind of strange...

You helped Polnareff gather some wood. Jotaro was gathering everyone's things from the plane. Joseph was starting up a fire to keep everyone warm for the night.

You and polnareff brought over the arm-full of branches you gathered over to where Joseph was, sitting them down.

“Is this enough firewood?” Asked Polnareff, setting his arm-full down as well.

“Yeah, Thanks.” Joseph said, looking up at the two of you.

They both turned their gaze over to Kakyoin, who was sitting a little ways away, holding his head.

You grimaced. You had an idea of what was coming next.

“We survived, but…” Polnareff narrowed his gaze, “Kakyoin, What’s going on? This is all your fault.”

You turned, jabbing Polnareff with your elbow, “Stop-”

“I.. Dont know.” Kakyoin muttered, drawing your attention back to him, “I feel like I might have had a terrifying dream… When I woke up, I was dead tired.” he said, closing his eyes, “Is there something wrong with me?”

Huh? Didn't Polnareff say something like that earlier? That he had a terrifying dream?

“Cheer up. I’m sure you’re just exhausted.” Joseph said, looking over at him, “It’s been about a month since we left Japan, and the enemy has been attacking nonstop ever since.”

Jotaro approached with the last of the sleeping bags, setting them down and approaching the baby in the basket. “Hey. Looks like the baby’s fever’s gone down.” He said.

“Oh, Thank goodness he’s safe. “ Joseph said, a smile coming onto his face. He got up, quickly going over to the baby’s basket, “If we lost him, I don't know what we’d do.” Joseph crouched down, smiling at the baby.

Huh… did Joseph like children?

Just as you thought that, you saw Joseph start playing peek-a-boo with the baby, making faces as the baby giggled.

“Such a cute smile!” Joseph exclaimed, going back to playing peek-a-boo, the baby giggling.

“What’s so funny about that?” asked Polnareff, “It’s not even a joke or anything. What an idiot.”

You slowly approached Joseph, peering over his shoulder to get a better look at the baby. It was kind of cute… but you weren’t particularly interested in children, much less babies for that matter.

“Hey, old man.” Jotaro suddenly called out from near the plane, “The radio’s not busted.” he said, gesturing towards it. “What should we do? Should we send out an SOS?” He paused for a moment, “It’ll mean Dio could find us, but…”

Joseph let out a sigh and stood up, “It can’t be helped. Let’s call for rescue. We’ll do it for the baby.” He said, walking over towards the plane.

You crouched down in front of the baby. Looking at it. Kakyoin said he saw it grinning… but it was just an ordinary baby, right? You turned to look at where Kakyoin was, seeing him looking at his arm.

Right… on the plane, you saw blood on his arm… he got hurt at some point, right? You should probably see if he wanted it bandaged.

You got up, going over to grab your bag. It got left in the plane, so it was a little troublesome. Joseph and Jotaro were there, messing with the radio near the front of the plane, and Polnareff was already in the back, grabbing the rest of your things, “Hey, can you hand me my bag?” you asked.

“Yeah, just a minute.” Polnareff said, reaching for where it had tumbled to.

Suddenly, you heard the baby start crying from the camp. It was so happy a second ago… was something happening?

You turned to look, but Joseph was already running over to Kakyoin, who was holding the baby up by it’s collar. “Oy, Kakyoin, What are you doing?!” Joseph yelled, then took the baby from Kakyoin’s hands, “Come on, that’s too rough…” He said, “You could strangle him doing that! What’s wrong with you?”

“M-My apologies…” Kakyoin said, and you noticed he quickly pulled down the sleeve on his injured arm before you could see what was wrong with it…

Why did the cut on his arm look like letters?