36

I woke up in Robin's arms. He was already awake, just waiting for me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"You want some breakfast?" He asked. I nodded and we both got up. We went to the kitchen where my mom and Robin's uncle were sitting talking. They stopped their conversation and looked at us.

"What is it?" I asked. Obviously they were talking about something bad.

"We're going to go back home today. I think your dad has left town."

"Seriously? Mom he could've killed us." I said angrily. I can't believe my mom already wanted to go back home.

"Alina we will call the police if he's still there, but I don't think he will be. We drove by the house this morning, his car is gone. He's gone honey."

"Whatever mom." I put my shoes on and stomped out the door. Robin followed as I walked down the street angrily.

"Alina! Wait up! Where are you going?" Robin ran after me and I folded my arms. He finally caught up to me and I kept walking.

"Where are you going?" He asked again.

"I don't really know." I just wanted to get away from my mom. She was being unreasonable. Robin stopped me and turned my body so I'd be facing him.

"Lina it's okay. Maybe he really did leave."

"Are you really siding with her?" I asked angrily.

"What? No, I just want you to be able to know your home is still a safe place for you to be."

"But you don't know that. We don't know if he's really gone. It's only been a few days robin."

"Then I'll go with you. Tio Marco will come too. We'd never let anything happen to you or your mom." I'd relaxed a bit from my anger before. I'd softened my face and let my arms fall. I looked up at him with worry.

"And if he's not gone?"

"Then we'll make sure he leaves for good." Robin grabbed my hands and started leading me back home. He opened the door and I walked inside. My mom had just put her shoes on and they were getting ready to leave.

"Alina. You can't keep running off like that!" My mom yelled. I looked down at the ground as I took her anger.

"I'm sorry momma." I said quietly. She sighed and hugged me.

"We're going now. Come on you two." We all walked out the door and into the car. I was really hesitant and nervous to go back home. Once we arrived, we parked the car across the street.

Robin opened the car door for me and I stepped out. We all walked across the street and onto the sidewalk in front of my house. Momma and Robin's uncle walked inside the house. I stood looking up at the house.

The house I once looked at in awe of its beauty. The house where me and Robin first hung out. The house where me and Robin had our first sleepover. The house I thought would feel like home. But it no longer did.

I no longer felt like I could sleep safely in this house. Before, I could see me and Robin laughing with each other, now I just see me and my mom running out covered in blood.

My dad had ruined yet another good thing for me. There were slight blood stains on the sidewalk, though the rain from that night washed most of it away. It make me feel sick to my stomach. I felt something grab onto my arm and I jumped.

"It's okay. I'm here." I turned around to see Robin. I grabbed onto him and we both slowly walked up to the door. I stood in the doorway for a minute before taking a step inside. It looked just as we had left it.

Glass was shattered on the floor and a puddle of blood was in the kitchen. The table was still set with old rotting food sitting on plates. The pictures on the wall had been either knocked down, shattered or crooked and the furniture looked out of place.

In the kitchen, I saw smears of blood on the floor and against the kitchen cabinets near the ground. That had been where I was. I left behind more blood than I was aware of.

Looking at the scene made me feel like I was reliving it all. I could feel my throat close up, almost as if my dads had was wrapping around my neck and choking me.

I look a deep breath and backed up. Robin was behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"If you want to leave, we can." He said in almost a whisper. I felt too ashamed to leave. I shouldn't have to feel abandoned from my own house. Nonetheless, I nodded my head and Robin took me outside.

We both sat down on the curb in front of the house and waited for my mom and his Uncle. We both stayed quiet for a while. I started to pick at some of the scabs on my skin.

My hands needed to do something.

Robin reached over and out his hand on mine, pulling me away from my own skin. It was probably for the best anyways. If I had picked at my skin anymore, I'd start bleeding again.

"You can still stay with us if you don't feel comfortable coming back yet." He said. I leaned into him and took a deep breath. Eventually, my mom and Robins uncle walked out of the house and we all went back to the car.

"We'll stay with them for one more night Alina, then we should come home." My mom said. I stayed quiet but accepted her offer. The drive home was quiet and tense. Once we got back to Robin's house, we went inside to have some lunch. Though I didn't feel hungry. I'd lost my appetite by looking at all the blood.

I wish I could just forget him. I think deep down I know that no matter how hard I try to change, there will always be a part of my dad in me.

Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't be the way I am if my dad had impacted my life in a positive way.

𝗔/𝗡
I'm getting real personal with the daddy issues in this story at this point🤭