Chapter 4

(If anyone is willing to do some art for me in exchange for hearts in game, please dm me on discord Adey #2427)

Author's POV

A new day has risen over the Aby-ssal Ship and so have the crew. Caesar is steering forward to new waters, Aby and Angie are cleaning and organizing the crystals and loot they found and Bob is cooking some fish stew.

Over on the deck is a lazy and oversleeping Canon, laying on the fish nets which he made into a makeshift hammock.

'This lad sure is a bum..'
'Why is he just... laying there..'
'Come on and help us out, Canon!'
'Stew's almost finished..'

These are the thoughts of everyone at the moment, Y/N however is not thinking anything at all. They're too busy with that bucket of water they're lifting over the top of Canon's head.

Y/N's POV

*SPLASH*

All eyes were on me as I stood there pouring water over on Canon's head. He woke and got up instantly, his eyes snapped and turned to me.

"You...WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR DEAL, Y/N??!!"

He yelled, gripping my clothes in anger.

"Good morning, slept well?"

I smiled as I pushed his hands off.

"You should help out, do your part. Don't lounge about just because of what happened yesterday"

"HAH? DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, CLOWNFISH. IF ANYTHING, YOU SHOULD DO MY WORK SINCE I SAVED YOU!"

"You didn't save me, Caesar did. None of this wouldn't have happened if you just kept the crystal, why did you lose interest in it so suddenly anyways?"

I asked, Canon tch'd at me and walks away. Rude. I look back at the others and see their eyes still locked on me.
Aby walked up to me and suggested I drop trying to talk to Canon so I did so and went back to work.

" Good mornin' everyone! Stew's done, get some while they're still pipin' hot!"

Bob barges in and announces that it's breakfast time, everyone lied up quickly. Bob is a beloved chef, he's not only Canon's uncle but also an uncle to me and the other girls.

" Glad of you to join us, Bob. I was counting down on when I can finally eat" Caesar rejoices and gobbles down on the stew like he was starved for days.  "Bob's Fishin' Stew! It's my favorite meal!" "Mine too!"  Angie and Aby squeals as they blow on the food and slurp in delight. The fish stew containing all sorts of vegetables is great!  Sour enough to keep you awake and hot so you can withstand the freezing waters of the Valley of Triumph. That's also where we are headed!

We sell our loot at the village of Dreams. Crystals are in higher of demand there since they are mostly bought in bulk by the performers, actors and skaters there.

I have a couple of friends there so I'm all excited to see them. I hope to catch the theatre show too.

"Caesar!  Come on boy, eat your fill!"
Bob yells out to Canon who's already walking up to the stew.

He grabs a bowl and sits near Aby which is the seat opposing and is the farthest from me. We all talk about what we plan to do with the money once we reach the village.

"Buy new paint and wood for the ol' ship. Aby isn't getting any younger you know." (Caesar)
"I want to buy new dresses and hair accessories! Maybe some books as well.." (Angie)
"I wanna get some new potions and elixirs, our stock is runnin' low" (Aby)

We all finish and got back to our jobs, Canon keeps staring at me with a sharo look. I hope this trip ends soon..

Canon's POV

Y/N is annoying.

A new crewmate that's already loved by everyone and beating me at everything. Swimming, fishing, digging, rowing, EVERYTHING!

The crystal incident was my one chance to be better and it didn't even matter anymore. I wanted them to look defeated, sad, miserable but they congratulated me for my findings. I didn't think they'd jump in the water for the crystal too and I don't know why either.

Did Y/N want the crystal afterall? Why did they deny it at first? Why are they so confusing?

But the most concerning and important question of it all.

Why did I jump in too?

__________________________

Hello hello, let's clear up some stuff shall we?

The Aby-ssal ship is named after Aby indeed!  Her grandpa owned the ship and is now owned by Caesar who is her father's friend. Another family relationship!  (None for Angie, it was by random wheel)

More spirits and areas (even fanmade)  are gonna be added here as well!  Thank you for the #1 on the #skychildrenofthelight tag!! Love you guys!