Part 8 - Wishes

The art is by an ArtFight participant!

Corym Bloom needed 3 flowers that day, but took 5.

When he was young, his mother would tell him that if he took a Morningstar Lilly, wished upon it and kept it with him for a day, his wish would surely come true, as long as it was selfless.

Corym found what he guessed to be the center of the Morningstar field and picked his first blossom. "For the pardoning of my people" He said aloud, allowing the wind to carry away his voice. He tucked the flower in his shirt pocket, making sure the petals were still visible.

He picked another "To ensure the deaths caused by this battle won't be in vain".

Corym paused before picking the third blossom. He was always told that his last wish would be the one the wind remembered the most. He found the sweetest, smallest Lilly he could find. "For those I love to find peace".

He added this third flower to his pocket, and sat down. Silently, he picked a fourth flower. They were his family's symbol, after all. He tied it to the hilt of his rapier.

The wind circled around him, comforting. Finally he took the last flower, and added it to a small envelope to be sent home in case anything happened to him in the next days' battle.

Corym looked up at the sky, and, as if commanded to, fell asleep in the field, repeating his wishes to himself time and time again.