My hero..

-[name]'s pov-

There are more than a million people on this planet. And it happened to me....

"[name] dear, I need you to take this to your grandpa [g/n]. Do you think you could do that for me?" Mum asked me, I nodded before slipping my geta on. My brothers, Kaiji and Soto walked to me shortly to inform me that they were coming to keep me safe, I laughed at that since I thought they were joking... They were serious.

Mum walked up to me with the basket of food that my mother had cooked, Kaiji quickly took it away from my reach as he thanked mum and she chuckled at Kaiji's gesture.. "Hey! I want to carry it!" I folded my arms while puffing my cheeks in frustration. "Lets go." Soto ushered me out the door as I complained the whole time, before getting a peck from my mother on the cheek, she did it to each of us before hurrying us before the dark resided -it was the plain daytime syk- I had a purple kimono, the sleeves had green vines and plenty of colorful flowers, and a white belt. A green ribbon intertwined in my black locks as I followed my two brothers that wore a black and yellow kimono.

"Are we there yet?" I groaned, exhausted from the long distance between our house and my grandpas. 

"No, we're not." Kaiji patted my head as I sighed, Soto offered to carry me on his back which I accepted straight away, "Arigato, Soto-san!" I hugged him while on his back as he grabbed my legs to keep me stable on his back. "We're nearly there, so, hang tight." Soto smiled at me as my eyes sparkled and I started laughing as they all joined in..

-At my grandpas house-

"Grandpaaa!" I shrieked out as I made my way inside after I threw my shoes off. When I entered the house, nobody responded... My feet led me to his seating room but I immediately widened my eyes and screamed, gaining my brothers' attention... "[name]!!" Soto ran in before Kaiji before widening his eyes as well. I was on my butt while bawling my eyes out hugging my knees. "[n-name], don't look." Kaiji covered my eyes from looking further at my grandpa's dead corpse as I cried into his chest as Soto went to check the cold body...

The body somehow moved as my grandpa attacked my brother, Soto. I tightened my grip on Kaiji as he was stunned, Soto backed away just in time for the creature that used to be my grandpa slashed its nails at him.. Growling frantically and lashing at all of us. "SOTO, ARE YOU OK?!" Kaiji grabbed the back of Soto's collar as I remained behind the two.. The creature was still slashing at us as we dodged every single attempt at death, "Onee-chan, I'm scared!!" I clung on to Soto's back as he held me back in a shielding position while Kaiji dragged us both outside of the house. The night had just begun as we all ran the same way, in an attempt to outrun our morphed grandpa... That was a completely bad idea, It started chasing us.. the distance closing as it tried to attack us. Soto carried me away as Kaiji took his hand and dragged him with every might he had while moving quickly,

Just as it was catching up. A silhouette of a man had formed as he was in a jumping form before beheading the demon. "Flame breathing, first form! Unknowing fire." There were fire trails following the katana as it cut through its skin. My lips were quivering as I shook in fear, I clutched Soto's shirt as I cried into his chest while mourning my grandpa's death and the scene that just occurred... "Don't worry, kids. You'll be safe with me." The man who had very noticeable flame hair said as I couldn't contain myself, "W-what about our family..?" Kaiji stuttered.

"Where do you live?" The man asked, I pointed to the mountain. I noticed he had stopped talking and I looked up at him, "I'm sorry.. But when I passed there, there was only a burning house... The only survivor was a 10-year-old girl." He informed us. My eyes widened as I started crying again, "That's Mina!" Soto exclaimed as he started stroking my hair to make me fall asleep, it affected me and I slowly became drowsy....

-At the demon corps-

I didn't know how long I was sleeping but instantly woke up when I felt the urge to. "Daijoubu desu ka?" A blurry version of Kaiji had appeared in front of me as I eased my eyes up a bit before remembering the events that happened, I hugged Kaiji and quietly cried.. He returned the hug and patted my head before repeating "It's ok, I'm here. You're safe." 

  My sniffles were heard as I looked up to see him wearing new clothing, I looked at myself and there was new clothing. "W-where are w-we?" I sniff between the spaces of the w.

"We're in a safe place, the demon corps. They've informed me that grandpa had turned into a demon and he became a bad person..." Kaiji held on to me tight as I winced at the tightness. He apologised, "..I've got a gift." Kaiji revealed a beautiful silver hair pin with a jade engraved in a circle shape. "There's some clothes over here if you need it, it goes well with the hair pin." Kaiji pet my head again before leaving me with my thoughts... Why were these demons going after her family members and why did they not kill Mina? It was all too much for me...