Final Selection

I've been working hard from now on to become a demon slayer and defeat the ugly beings called demons... I've been training for two years already and my brother, Kaiji, became the shadow pillar. I didn't really fit or like flame breathing (no offence to those who love it) but I was told that I can master my own breathing.

"(Y/n)-chan, how is your training going~?" Kanae-sama asked me with a familiar Shinobu standing behind her with her uniform on. "I'm on my way to the final exam, Kanae-sama." I bowed but noticed a small girl beside both the flower pillar and Shinobu. "Who's this?" I asked, my head tilted, Kanae-sama's smile curved up more and ushered the small girl forward. "This is Kanao-chan~!" The girl named Kanao-chan looked up at me with dull eyes. I widened my eyes before unconsciously patting her on the head. She widened her eyes but gave me a polite smile.

I returned it, curving my lips up, Kanao-chan hugged me which took me aback but I gave her a hug back "She seems to like you, she's never done this to us~?" Kanae-sama said but smiled at the moment.

-At the Final Selection-

I took a step in the wisteria filled area, it was beautiful.. My eyes shifted to the many people talking about as I stood there uninterested in talking to anyone. Well, that all changed when a certain sakura mochi haired girl came up to me.. Kanroji! 

"(Y/n)! I thought I'd be lonely, you look beautiful! I hope we can stay together." She started up a conversation as I nodded to everything she said.

Day 1

I walked beside Kanroji while keeping a hand on the handle of my katana.. She kept getting nervous for no reason but as we strutted down the mountain, a demon came towards us. Kanroji shrieked before helplessly clutching the back of my yukata. I sighed but unsheathed my katana, revealing the plain blade, "What luck I have. Two beautiful girls to eat~!" The demon immediately ran at us but I stopped it.. "Wisteria breathing... First form: Wisteria Dance!" I managed 10 slashes on the ugly being and took a last glance at it, to my disgust.. A wisteria trail had formed during my attack as I resheathed my katana in my case,

Kanroji had starry pupils while looking at me like I was her saviour. My lips curled into a smile and I ruffled her hair, "Should we continue?" I asked her as she nodded simultaneously.

My laugh broke out and I finally led her down the mountain.

Day 2 - 3

"(Y/n), I want to ask a question.." She after severing a demon's head. I nodded while looking at her to ask away. "Why'd you become a demon slayer?" Kanroji looked desperate to know, I averted my eyes to think my words through.. I wasn't used to telling anyone why but she was my friend. "I lived on a mountain once.. Living happily with my family, in peace. I thought it would stay that way but, a demon's greed cannot limit.. They took away my parents and all I have left are my siblings." I spoke out. Kanroji was teary eyed and hugged Y/n. She smiled and gave her a pat on the back.

My footsteps stopped. I saw three demons already.. "Kanroji, you take the one behind us and I take the two in the front, okay?" My eyes still in sight of the demons, she nodded hesitantly before I made my move. "Wisteria breathing... Ninth form: Forbidden Petals." I positioned my plain bladed katana to the ground but swiftly brung up to my chest which is when the wisteria petals made contact with the confused demons and killed them. 

"Love breathing, Second form: Love Pangs!" Kanroji slashed the demon's neck off with her whip and landed safely on her feet. A calm demeanor surrounded her but then she became a nervous wreck again.

Day 4 - 7

We were halfway back up the mountain where a couple of demons had gathered and I killed them all with Kanroji. "Wisteria breathing... Eighth form: Stormy Wisteria Tornado!" A tornado made of complete wisteria flowers immersed and sucked all the demons in before killing them. "Love breathing, Fifth Form: Swaying Love, Wildclaw!" Kanroji somersaults backwards while managing whip-like slashes towards the demons.

A demon managed to survive some of the attacks but I finished it off. 

"Kanroji, I think we're nearly there." I pointed to the upcoming wisteria trees and wisteria hanging from them. Kanroji and I sped up.. More like me leaving her breathless as she tried to get me to slow down but I was already at the top of the mountain again.

Both me and Kanroji were the only survivors and picked our stones before walking back to the demon corps.