Ch. 6: Boo~ OW FUCK-

"Lithum! Lithum!"

"I'm still here, Mo."

He phased back into reality. After the third attempt of trying to disappear with Mortem, he sat down and scratched his head as the dragonling sat beside him. The first time he tried it, Mortem had phased through his back, terrified. The second time led to him clawing holes into his back.

"How am I supposed to protect you if your the only one they see?" He was mostly talking to himself, watching the dragonling play with its tail. The darts would hit him if he didn't activate his skill, but they would hit Mortem if he did. The system wasn't helping either, replying each time he asked for help with his skill window. He kept reading over and over the same names. Belief wouldn't help here, it only affected him and his followers. While Mortem was a follower, he didn't know how much of a stat boost it gave him. His other skills were useless as well, they obviously attacked so they had to be demons or dark spirits. He didn't know the strange red liquid either. Was it a tranquilizer or a poison? Would it give him hallucinations or something more sinister?

[Jonas Fletcher, quit being a dumbass]
[Immunity]
[Primordial One]-[Air] [Earth]
[Wings Of The Abyss]
[Razor Strike]

"That's not my skill..." he briefly glanced down at the dragonling. "And I'm not a dumbass, I'm just different."

[Sure]

He went back over his skills, wondering what the system meant. He already had his wings summoned, so it clearly meant a different aspect. Maybe the portal aspect? But that was useless, he could just teleport. He wasn't close enough to get them to pass through his wings. A thought wormed its way into his head and he looked back at the bird like appendages. He opened them slightly, making sure not to cross the boundary, and touched them.

His hand slipped through it and it felt freezing cold. He could feel them move on his back, but couldn't touch them. He moved his hand back out of his wings as an idea slowly formed in his head.

"If it's a 3 times 3 area, is there a limit to how high I can go? Mo, come here." His voice caught the attention of Mortem. The dragonling slowly climbed back up his back, being careful with his claws and sitting right between his shoulder blades. "Hold on again, I won't disappear this time, we are gonna test something."

     The dragonling nodded, retracting his claws. He looked down at his wings and decided against using them. He didn't have enough room to even flap them properly, but if he opened them slightly, he would be able to float with the wind current. Only problem was he would be above actual people, and his robe was open in the bottom.

     "Ehhh, it'll be fine, their frozen and I don't imagine they would intentionally look at my crotch."

     With that thought in mind, he started lifting himself off the ground. The air current caught his wings and he rose faster. Soon, he was hovering well above the tree tops.

     "Mortem, I need you to listen to me. We're going to attack them but do not kill. Okay?"

     "Lithum, what does kill mean?"

     "Kill means no longer alive. Like a crushed bug, not alive. Don't kill, okay?"

     He nodded his head, looking at the group that was below them.

     "Good, do you see that one at the end?"

     "Yes Lithum."

     From this high up, he could make out the three riders. There were two humans and a kobold. The kobold was in the back, probably placed there as a support. The main leader has a crest on his chest and wore no helmet. He was most likely the guild leader. With how many darts that flew towards them, the middle man was probably a mage or illusionist, considering the leader was the only one with a blowgun. It would be easier to take him out first, but how exactly was a different question. They could apply many effects to themselves and others in a matter of seconds...