long walk

"Are we almost there?" Eric said dragging his feet as he followed close behind Isabella. "Will you be patient?" she sounded slightly annoyed as she looked behind her to see Eric staring at the sky. "What are you looking at...? -" She looked up in the general area he was looking at. "there's a floating eye..." he said whispering and slowly pointing to the sky. "Yep. what's wrong with it?" there was a long pause. "What do you mean 'what's wrong with it'?? how is that normal!?" He slightly yells at the rabbit. Isabella gave a small shrug as they continued, the flowers only seemed to get bigger as they continued. "Are you trying to lead me to my death bed? If so, will it be fast?" Isabella held a finger over her mouth and made a loud 'shush' sound. "you're being even louder than me-"

"Will you just take a hint?!" Isabella said whispering, her nose twitched with anger. "That was adorable." Isabella rolled her eyes at his unneeded remark. "Look, I'm not entirely sure about where you come from but here-" you could feel the sass radiating off of her as she spoke. " These flowers are dangerous. Waking them up will definitely get you killed." She waved her finger like an angry mother. "Wake them up?" was the only thing Eric got out of that whole conversation. "Yes, - wake them up! They have a strict schedule ever since Glory took over this part of the valley. She takes her job very serious." Eric decided it was best to just nod his head and move along with the walk. He hoped there were no other unexpected surprises such as flowers waking up or someone named 'Glory'. 

They had been walking for a while, maybe around 5 minutes? Too bad he didn't have a watch. "Do you live around here?" Eric said trying to break the silence that had consumed the too. "Kind of, to be more specific I live close to the town. I would like to say I know most of the people there. I don't really talk to them. Mostly just people watch." They continued their walk. clearly Isabella wasn't a big fan of small talk. They had reached A clearing in the valley, it was a perfect circle. Looking straight ahead you could see one huge flower, right in the middle of the clearing. The roots of the huge plant seemed to come out of the ground it had thorns that could easily cut you if you rubbed against them wrong. "What is that..." Eric pointed towards the tall plant slowly looking over at the rabbit he had been following this whole time. She had a look of pure terror. Her ears had also flopped down. "Isabel-" Isabella instantly covered his mouth. Although not like she did before. Her head had snaped towards him, her entire hand seemed tense as she held it there. 

She slowly removed her hand and grabbed onto Erics arm like it was the only thing keeping her on this planet. She slowly started walking being extremely careful where she stepped making sure to avoid the roots of the plant. Eric followed her also being sure to watch where he stepped. They made no sound trying to slowly make their way across the clearing which was a much harder task than Eric first realized. He saw that the roots had become denser which in return created less room for him to step. Him and Isabella made the rest of the way across. Now in the field of flowers small stone walls started to appear. He stared at one of the walls, it seemed odd. As he stepped closer to take a closer look- he stepped on a root. He instantly looked up to see a flower taller than his head but not as tall as the one in the clearing. He saw what looked like a face appear on the flower. The flower screamed "MOTHER!" as Eric was dragged away by Isabella as more flowers started to grow faces and also scream.  They heard rustling slowly follow behind them. "Oh no-"