.: The Mind Remembers - Yukio x Reader :.

Pairing: Yukio x Reader
Words: 1033

.:Reader POV :.

You had decided to go for a late night walk. It probably wasn't the safest thing to do, especially with all the demon sightings and attacks. But you couldn't sleep and needed some fresh air - maybe even a midnight snack from the nearest open shop.

You had a lot to think through. Why did it feel like you had fallen asleep and woken up a year later? Everything felt so out of place.

For example, the desk you sit at everyday had been moved around 3 inches to the left. You can tell something is wrong when the picture frame on the wall infront is no longer at eye level. You had no recollection of it being moved. And, why would you move it less than a foot to the left? What would be the need for a slight shift?

You walk at the same slow pace, breathing in the icy autumnal breeze, making you lungs prickle with drought.

You felt your eyebrows furrow as the perplexity of your situation paced forwards and backwards in your mind.

The trees rustle and wave in the wind, each leaf swaying at their own pace. As you stop to look, the leaves seem to taunt you, laughing at your unease. Swaying at a pace unfathomable to you, in that moment.

"Ugh... What's going on?!" You yell, frustrated, stomping on the dry leaves.
Then you get an idea. You head into the closest open shop, at 24/7 mini-mart with all kinds of cultural food. You used to come in here almost everyday.

"Ah. Is that you, [Y/N]?" The cashier asks, already knowing the answer but still sounding just as surprised to see you.

"Y-Yeah." Was all you said. Before he could say anything else, you ask,

"What's the date?"

"Uh-" He pulls out his cell phone, "Well, now, it's the third of october 2023."

What!? Turns out, your reasoning was correct. The last thing you remembered was talking to a boy. What was his name? But, it was definitely 2021. Had you slept for two years!? There's absolutely no way.

Without saying another word, you run out of the shop, hoping the panic on your face explained the rude exit. You could feel your throat tighten with dark anxiety, all the moisture leaving your lungs, making you cought unceremoniously.

Eventually, you stop coughing and swallow the night air, grouding you from your panic attack.

The boy had thick, rectangular glasses, covering enchanting turquoise eyes. His eyes spoke for him, every emotion imaginable could be communicated to the listener. His dark brown, silk-like hair framed his chestnut shaped jaw in a perfect symmetry that was unexplainable. He had three tiny moles planted on his cheeks causing no inperfection to the angelic young man.

You can remember his entire face, in detail. Just not his name.

You lift yourself back up from the red-bricked wall you had leaned on, set to walk your thoughts into sense.

After walking for a while you find yourself in a park and decide to sit on a bench, fatigue beginning to peirce your limbs. You were still just as confused as before, however, the best idea you had come up with was to find the boy. But you'd already talked yourself out of that one. How would you even go about that? You didn't even have a name in mind.

Sitting on the bench, you look up to the slate blue, night sky as if asking for answers. The sky was clear, no clouds or stars in sight. Even the crescent moon was behind you.

Without looking down, you feel an eerie presence join you on the rotting wooden bench.

You exhale and blink, a long, blinding blink, before looking, not scared for a moment. The presence was welcoming and soft. Like a homely fireplace fire, freshly lit and radiating warmth.

Feeling your eyes widen and shock overwhelm your body you look into his deep turquoise orbs.

That's when you felt a rush in your mind. Neurons fizzling from every corner of your brain. A sort of feeling that would usually be followed by a harsh, upside-down migraine. But no pain of any kind followed. You felt too many positive emotions for any hurt.

"[Y-Y/N]...?" The pure confusion echoing in his voice was inexplainable, yet exposed so many lost memories.

Feeling salty droplets prick your eyes, you fall into him, almost strangling him the death. Your emotions flowed from the tips of your fingers to the flats of your feet, overflowing the moment your body connected with his.

"Yukio Okumura. Is it really you? Say it's you." You cup his cheeks into one hand, tapping the rest of his face to check he was really real.

His face was struck still, his eyes filled with tears. He couldn't move, he was worried it was a dream, and shifting at any distance would end it and he would wake up in 2021, unaware of the person he was missing out on.

With minimal movement, he whispers,
"It's me. [Y/N]. I don't know how or why but I' m so glad I found you. Again."

You rest your forehead onto his, dainty hand still cupping his face. Finally, he moved, no longer petrified he would loose you to the extravagant caves of the mind.

His hand cautiously and gently picked yours up and held it. Both of your faces were now soaked with unbelievable tears, cheeks reddened by the raise in heart and breathing rates.

Breaking the quiet, you sniffle a final uncomfort and pull away, your hand still cupped into his.

"We will remember these past months. They were not lost of forgotten years because I met you. I needn't forget about you ever again, Okumura-kun."

"I never forgot you, [Y/N], you were still in my subconscious. Your beautifully, shiny hair. Your gentle, soul-warmingly [E/C] eyes. I could never forget you because you are incredible."

"You'll never leave my thoughts again. It's a promise. No. It's an oath."

You hadn't lost those two years because you gained more than you could possibly fathom.