Chapter 1

Klaus and Caroline walked onto the front porch of the Mikaelson mansion hand in hand for the first time as an engaged couple.

"You know there's a party in there right?" Caroline asked Klaus before they went through the door.

"Ah. Supernatural hearing."

"Yeah. And I'm not dumb." She said as she gave him a smile and a quick peck on the cheek.

"Are you okay with that?" He asked putting his hand on the doorknob but not yet opening the door for her.

"That depends, who threw the party?"

"Rebekah."

Caroline laughed, "Surprisingly, I am okay with that."

"Well... shall we?"

Caroline placed her hand on top his on the doorknob. "Can we just have a moment, first?"

Klaus closed the space between them and kissed her deeply. "I love you, Caroline." He whispered against her mouth.

They separated and she gave him a soft smile, "let's go... fiancé."

He opened the door and Caroline walked past him, grabbing his hand pulling him in with her. As soon as they both made it through the door, there was clapping and so many familiar faces and warm smiles.

Josie walked up first wearing a strapless satin black dress that went all the all the way down to her feet with a high side slit, skinny strappy black heels, a big diamond statement necklace and her hair was straight and split down the middle. She walked up and hugged Caroline tightly. "Congratulations, Mom. I love you."

Caroline hugged her tightly, "Thank you. You look beautiful." She smiled so big and then pulled back to watch Josie move to Klaus and give him a hug.

"Congratulations, Klaus."

"Thank you, Josie. You do look lovely." He smiled a genuine smile at her. She moved to stand next to them and watched Lizzie walk up to them.

Lizzie walked up with a big smile on her face and wearing a long strapless emerald green corset dress. The corset of the dress was lace with beaded accents and the bottom of the dress was tulle. The dress was so long you couldn't see her shoes but her hair was in a sleek bun and had on large diamond earrings.

"Hi Mom!" Lizzie squealed as she hugged Caroline. "Congratulations you two! I know we were at the real proposal but this dress is making me so giddy."

"Thank you, Lizzie. You look amazing." Caroline hugged Lizzie.

"Thank you, Lizzie. You look stunning." Klaus said as he and Lizzie hugged.

Lizzie stood next to Josie holding her hand as they both smiled looking at Hope who walked up next.

Hope was wearing a red off the shoulder dress. It had 2 layers on the skirt and she wore black heels with it. Her hair was long and curled to perfection, she had a bright red lip color and her blue eyes popped in contrast. She walked over and hugged Caroline tightly without saying anything and then moved to Klaus also giving him a hug.

"I feel like I've seen this dress before?" Klaus asked puzzled.

"Um, Aunt Rebekah had it made for me. She told me it was modeled after one that mom had."

"Ah. I do remember that! You look beautiful, sweetheart."

"Thanks, Dad." Hope smiled down at her dress and then took her place with the girls.

Klaus, Caroline, and the girls all stood next to each other as people kept walking up and wish their congratulations. There were lots of teachers and people that had been in Mystic Falls forever. Finally, Rebekah and Marcel walked up relieving the 5 of the politeness they had been forcing.