Chapter 5

The next morning Caroline and Klaus got to the small airport coffees in one hand and blood in a to-go cup in the other. Kol and Davina were who they saw first. Kol was wearing a dark green t-shirt and some dark jeans with sun glasses on his face also holding a to-go cup in his hand and Davina had on some dark skinny jeans and a black blouse with her hair in a high ponytail.

When they reached them they all exchanged hello's, but Kol and Klaus both seemed off and Caroline and Davina didn't miss it.

"You guys okay?" Davina asked.

"Yeah, fine." Klaus grumbled.

"Okay.... Wanna try that again?" Caroline gave a small smile.

"Well, I'm nervous about seeing Elijah. Niklaus, why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" Kol put his arm around Davina, "Specially a blonde, ex-bartending ghost." And took a sip of his drink.

"Shut up." He said through gritted teeth.

"Wait, is this about Cami?" Caroline raised her brows at Klaus.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her away to lean against the SUV they pulled up in. "It's not about Camille. I mean I don't know..." he took a deep breath, "I don't know how I'm feeling about seeing her. But Hope told me after she brought me back that Elijah didn't want to come back."

"Oh, so you're scared to be happy about seeing him because you think he'll resent you."

Klaus gave a stern nod.

"Oh, Klaus." She wrapped him in a hug. "He's gonna be so happy to see you and see how much you've flourished. Specifically, as Hope's dad."

"It's too early for you two." Rebekah said holding Marcel's hand and holding a coffee, Freya and Keelin walking behind them.

Klaus and Caroline separated, a small smile playing at her lips. "Just when I thought we were getting along." Caroline gave a playful eye roll.

Rebekah smiled and gave Caroline a big hug. "I can't wait to show you around New Orleans."

"Yeah, because we don't have bigger fish to fry." Damon said as he walked up with a bag flung over his shoulder and Enzo, Stefan and Valerie walking up behind him. "But by all means, carry on with your family reunion."

"You're kind of an ass." Marcel said with a grin looking at Damon.

Damon gave him an award winning smile. "Well, you're married to Rebekah, so you're probably a bigger ass."

Caroline and Rebekah has since pulled apart, so Caroline added, "Don't let him talk shit to you Marcel. He hooked up with Rebekah too."

"Traitor!" Rebekah said with a laugh. "From the stories, he hooked up with you too!"

Marcel glanced at Klaus whose jaw was so tense a muscle jumped. "How do we end up with the blondes that hooked up with everyone in the friend group?" Caroline and Rebekah both hit him in the arm.

"Where's Bonnie?" Caroline asked looking at Enzo.

"Maybe she's in the airport because it's weird that our cars brought us to a tarmac." Damon rolled his eyes.

"Maybe you should get on the plane so we don't have to listen to you gripe." Valerie added.

"You think they want you here? As if this situation wasn't weird enough let's throw in the first love." Bonnie walked up at that point and handed Damon a coffee without saying anything so Damon continued, "Ah, my brother and his flair for the dramatics."

Caroline cleared her throat, "Well, gang's all here. Let's get going."

Everyone made their way to the plane, but Caroline and Klaus hung back. "Are you ready for this, love?"