Chapter 6

By the time Kol and Davina arrived at the compound it had been several hours later. When they walked in the compound was quiet, and the main area was empty.

"This was not exactly the welcome I expected." Kol said looking around.

Then the door to the study opened and Caroline was walking out buttoning her sheer black top. She looked up and noticed Davina and Kol looking at her. Both grinning like they caught her being naughty. Which let's face it... they had.

"Oh. Hi." Caroline smiled back at them and then ran her fingers through her hair and fluffed it up a bit.

"Klaus, why don't you come on out of there." Davina said looking past Caroline into the study.

Klaus walked out holding Caroline's jacket and went to stand next to her after he handed it to her. "Well, not that we have to explain ourselves to the likes of you."

"You know what, I think we got the gist." Davina chuckled.

Caroline slipped her jacket on and cleared her throat. "So you're here! Yay!" She said in forced joy.

"And we brought company." Kol said glancing towards the entrance where Josh appeared.

"Ah, Joshua. I'm surprised you're here." Klaus folded his arms over his chest.

"Me too. Especially since I was dead."

"I meant here, at my house." Klaus deadpanned.

Caroline scoffed, "You don't live here anymore, Klaus. You've been with me. In Mystic Falls. Klaus has been living the domesticated dream."

"Did those words feel as weird to say as they sounded?"

Caroline laughed, "they did actually." She extended her hand to him, "Caroline Forbes, Klaus' fiancée and headmistress of Hope's school."

"Josh Rosza, Davina's best friend and former dead vampire. Nice to meet you."

"Well Davina has excellent taste-"

"Except Kol," Caroline and Josh said at the same time.

Josh gave a big smile, "Huh, I like you."

Caroline laughed and Davina stated, "I told you that you would. She's fun."

Klaus wrapped his arm around Caroline's waist and pulled her into him, "That's enough of that."

"Better be careful, Klaus." Damon said walking down the stairs, "History shows she marries the nice guy and only ever dates the bad guy." He made it to the bottom of the stairs and used his fingers to start counting off, "Let's see, dated me, Tyler, and you kind of... Then married Stefan."

"What about Matt?" Rebekah grinned down to everyone from the second floor.

"Ugh, irrelevant." Damon said.

Caroline's brows were raised and she was almost afraid to look at Klaus since she could practically feel the tension radiating from his body.

Another door clicked upstairs and everyone saw Valerie and Stefan walk out of the same room. "What about Alaric?" Valerie smirked.

"Well, this has been fun. Let's stop now." Caroline smiled tightly.

"Remember that Liam chap?"

Caroline threw her head back cursing under her breath at the entrance of Enzo and Bonnie.

"Wow, and my past is basically just Klaus." Camille said after she vamped to a spot on the sofa. "Oh and Marcel for a little bit."

"Wow, how exciting," Damon deadpanned.