ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 9

♪ To myself, feels like Hell
To be in love with someone else ♪

Lando Norris POV

Dinner went by smoothly and now I was playing video games with Oliver and Max while the others watch. The doorbell rang and my mom went there because she didn't care for the game. We hear her raise her voice so I get up and go there. I see Charlie and my mom arguing.

"I want your sister away from my son. She is no good" I hear my mom say and Charlie looked confused.

"I highly doubt that you know Emma and she is definitely a good person. I don't even know what you are on about" He says in a defensive tone.

"Sorry about that, she is a bit angry today. Ignore it" I say and my mom looks even angrier.

"Someone slashed his four tires, your sister had nothing to do with it?" She asks crossing her arms.

"Shit! I came here to talk to you. Emma told me what you two had so now that Noah probably knows I came to warn you to be careful please" He says and now I think I have the confirmation that something is happening.

"What do you mean? Why do I have to be careful?" I ask, he looks at my mother and I nod understanding what it meant. "Let's go for a walk"

"That's great" He says and I pick up my keys.

"What is happening?" I ask after the last minutes of silence going down the elevator.

"Noah is jealous and he probably found out about you too. I'm taking care of her but be extra careful. Put the cars in the garage, and don't go out alone, especially at night." He says and I wanted to punch myself.

"Fuck!"

"I never noticed too. Don't blame yourself for it. She won't ever tell you, she took 3 years to tell me, she is afraid to leave but she will leave him and I will make sure of it. We have to be ready for the consequences" He says and I nod.

"Is she okay? Did he do something to her yesterday?" I ask worried and he looks at the ground.

"She has her hip all bruised and the swelling on her cheek is going down, he's a coward and he would never mess with us directly. He won't attack me because he knows he will lose. He will try to attack both of you when you turn your back. He will take you down at the easiest moment. Be careful, if I'm able to convince him he got it all wrong I will text you but until then, just watch your back and don't talk to her" He says and I could tell he was also worried about me.

"Thank you for coming here and risking her getting mad at you. But don't you have work? Will you be able to keep her safe?" I ask mostly worried about her.

She is alone but she is sociable, and she just doesn't have many friends on her side but she always makes friends at the parties we go to. I have my family here, I'm not the easiest target, she is.

"I will take care of it. I will keep her away from him. Just don't tell her you know, it will be better for both" He says and I quickly nod.

"You should go, she needs you more now" I say and he leaves at the building door and I get back to the apartment.

"What did he say?" Savannah asks when I enter the living room.

"It's true apparently. He is aggressive, she called her brother for protection, and he must have found out she cheated with me. Now here we are" I say sitting in the same place I was before and picking up the remote.

"Poor Emma" Flo says looking sad.

"I knew she was trouble. You should block her. An easy fuck doesn't deserve all this drama" My mom says and we all looked shocked at her, my jaw literally dropped.

"Mom! She's way more than that" I say and her face changes but she still wasn't going to budge.

"How? How is she worth being beaten up for?" My mom asks defensively.

"She is the first person to wish me a happy birthday. She is my first thought when I wake up. She is the one who I've been starting the last 3 years with and it has been great for me. I met her on December 31st of 2019 and I couldn't be happier. She makes me laugh, she understands my sense of humor. She answers my calls after every qualifying and race, no matter what time it is. She booked seats to come to watch me race without us being put in the spotlight. She is Emma, she is worth it honestly" I say and they all get quiet.

"You fell in love and you definitely fell harder" Oliver says still surprised.

"I'm sorry, I- I just don't want you to get hurt. I crossed the line" My mom says regretfully and I get up to hug her.

"So, how are you gonna get the girl now?" My dad asks and we all laugh.

"I will give her time. She needs some time and space after an abusive relationship. I'll be here when she needs and I hope that's enough" I say and they all smile.

"You are more than enough" Cisca says excitedly and we laugh again.

"That's right. Let's see who wins now" I say starting the game once again and I win.

"That was not fair!" Max says outraged for his last place making us laugh.

"Come on, did you start playing today?" Oliver teases him and he quickly starts a new game.

This will be a long night. Maybe longer for her though. Tomorrow I will text her.