ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 45

♪ If you fail to plan, you plan to fail
Strategy sets the scene for the tail ♪

Emma Robinson POV

That accident caused a whole mess. I called the cops because I had no idea who could be the owner of the third car but no charges were filed. We reported the accident to Lando's insurance but my name was as the driver. I worked it out with McLaren so Lando would have his car as soon as possible. The neighbor was super nice about everything and that was it. 

I arrived home tired and already exhausted. I barely slept. Kate had caused this. I know Lando is partially to blame because he was so gullible but she used his insecurities against him. But why? Does she think he will leave and run to her? He never wanted her in the first place.

"You came early. How is the hangover? Is it worsening the guilt or not really?" I ask putting down the keys once I arrived home.

"I'm sorry baby. The alcohol got the best of me, I would've never talked to you that way. I don't know why I drank so much but the more I did it, the more I thought about what Kate said" He says getting up from the couch and I watch as Charlie quietly left the room.

"You crashed into my car. You could've lost your career last night. You can't do this, ever" I reprimand him and he nods understandingly.

"I am so so sorry. You know I never did this but I got too worried when you left. I thought it would be the end of us and I can't let you go. I should've thought about it more but I was too drunk" He says taking a few steps in my direction and I saw the worry and guilt in his eyes.

"I am not that mad, I am just disappointed you would do this kind of thing. This could've been a disaster" I can't even fake being mad at this man. He was reckless but he is a bit stupid if he is dunk and put under pressure.

"Why did you risk getting a DUI? I was being a jerk, you could've let me deal with the consequences of my own behavior, I deserved it" He is obviously confused and I just let out a laugh.

"As hard as it may be to grasp, I actually do love you. I know you've never tried to drive while drunk. This was desperation and impulsiveness being louder, the alcohol didn't help. I wouldn't let you ruin your career for something like this. I was also pretty sure my level of alcohol wouldn't be enough to have me arrested. I took a chance" I say watching him as his smile grew wider.

"I thought you would throw me out. You have the right to be pissed at me, but I am glad this didn't turn into a screaming match. I was too terrified to even argue, I don't want that" He says giving me his hand to hold and I look at him seriously.

"I arranged a dinner out with Kate and Tiffany, I didn't invite them there and she said I did, I also believed she was the one who said nasty stuff to make you doubt me. I am just disappointed you believe it this easily. I never cheated on Noah before I met you. I never loved Noah, it's the truth even if it's harsh and cruel. I also don't think I will get tired of you or this wouldn't be a thing by now. Do you understand this? Do you believe me?" I ask crossing my arms while facing his hand that still reached for me.

"I love you and I know you love me. Hell, if there was any doubt about it, it was all erased last night. I am so fucking sorry. She knew what would break me and I was dumb enough to fall for it. I won't repeat that mistake again. I won't even talk to her again" He was apologetic and I just wanted to see him a bit desperate before forgiving him for that stupidity.

"I am going to dinner tonight and you will show up. I will text you to pick me up. Is that a deal?" I ask finally taking his hand and he smiles.

"I will come to get my beautiful girlfriend. We are still together, right? Are you breaking up with me because of this?" He asks getting even closer and I look up at him.

"I am not breaking up with you but you will have to make it up to me. You wrecked my car, you wrecked my perfect record of driving with no accidents and you accused me of pretty harsh things" I say as he prepared to hug me.

"I love you. I will make it up to you. I just need to eat something if you don't mind. I came straight here as soon as I woke up and everyone told me the shit I started" He says as he hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too. Let's go eat something" I say taking his hand and almost dragging him to the kitchen.

He spent the rest of the day there before I finally had to leave to meet the girls in a restaurant close by.

"Hey! You look amazing" Tiff says happily as I arrived and they waited outside.

"Thank you! Couldn't you have got in?" I ask after greeting them.

"It's too exclusive, they want an ID to confirm it's the person who made the reservation" Kate says a bit dryly, it would sound normal to most but I know it.

"Oh, Lando told me he could make the reservation. I didn't it was so exclusive. I think he made it in my name anyway" I say going in and I give my name to the hostess who took us to our table.

"So, is everything alright with Lando? It didn't look that good yesterday" Kate says clearly trying to start the conversation.

"Oh, we had a fight like most couples usually do but we are in a pretty good place now. I really do love him so a fight won't be enough to break us up" I say shrugging and looking at the menu.

I saw the exchange of looks between both and I tried not to roll my eyes. We ordered our food and drinks and I waited for the perfect time to work this issue out.