Chapter 28 Temporary Goodbyes.

You were walking back and spotted Paimon down the street at the dango stall excited ordering. You were about to head over to her but spotted Aether run to you.

"What wrong Aether -" he cut you off hugging you close. He seemed upset as you quickly hugged him and took him somewhere more isolated. "Aether what's wrong?" You asked.

"Your grace.." he said hugging you close "do you plan on gathering many partners?" He asked gently. You were confused. What was he talking about?

"Aether I don't know what your talking about. What do you mean many partners? I wasn't even considering one.." you said as you saw Aether visibly relax in your hug. You wanted to ask where he got such ideas but you decided against it seeing there much legends of the creator and such so you figured its some sort of rumor. You sat with Aether as you made him rest his head on your lap so he could rest better.

The meeting ended as Childe left the room. Keeping his usual expression he made his way through the halls. He had to return to you quickly. It was urgent you knew of this plan.

"Childe" he stopped hearing someone calling him. He turned to see who. "A word. If you please."

"What is it? Knave." Childe replied watching his fellow Harbinger walk past him and off to a isolated area. A silent signal to follow. He followed her until she stopped. "What is it? I don't have much time to spare I have-"

"Tell me more about the creator " she said as he looked at him. "Is she really how they say in the meeting?" She asked.

"..From what I seen from afar. It's clear she's no fool. She plans well and no doubt possess an ability to foresee things. She always seems to be a step ahead." Childe told her.

"Is that so?" She said as Childe nodded.

"Anything else? I'm quite busy" he said unamused.

"One more thing. Is it true? Is she how the legends say?" She asked.

".... Hard to say. You act as if I've been with her" Childe gave her a warning glance.

"Your right. I'm being to ahead of myself. After all we will see her upfront and close." She turned to leave "very soon" she walked off as Childe quickly left. He had to return to you immediately.

When he arrived he went straight to your residence. It was late so he knew you would be asleep. He went to your door opening it gently while normally he would let you rest this was very urgent and needed to be brought to your attention. He went in and froze. He saw you asleep you looked at peace and calm. He quietly made his way over using the moon light that shone through your window to see. He sat next to you mesmerized and gently tucked your hair to the side. You looked so comfortable yet so vulnerable it triggered him as he gently laid next to you and hugged you close to him.

He took a deep breath enjoying the feeling of having you with him like this. He felt all his worries go away. He smiled to himself as he imaged how much more of this he would do in the future once he became archon. Closing his eyes he felt himself fall asleep but opened his eyes feeling the cold touch of metal.

"You have nerve to enter her graces room like this" Xiao said holding his weapon to his neck.

"Take it easy Mr knight. Are you really going to kill right next to your master like this" Childe said lowly to not wake you smiling all while hugging you closer to him. Clearly teasing Xiao. "Look how peaceful my Grace is. Do you really want to ruin this for her?" He said smiling.