Chapter 20

***

They all watched the man walk out of the infirmary. Berenger let out a sigh when he was sure the woman was safe, not that he trusted whatever motives the wizard had. The young woman had her arms folded on her chest tight and only relaxed after Elijah had left. 

"How are you feeling?" She smiled and asked the barbarian laying down he watched Felix for a moment and then her.

Im fine. Im sorry you got dragged into that. he said with a sheepish smile. Felix stood by the door with his arms crossed on his wide bandaged chest. His ruby eyes narrowed at Berenger.

Dont worry about that. The young lady smiled and turned to face Felix with a confused expression, and yet grateful. It didnt help that he had such a serious look in his eyes. She opened her mouth to speak but closed it. He looked like he was looking at her and the same time somewhere else.

Thank you. she finally said in a croaky voice. He turned his gaze to her and watched her for a moment. His maroon red hair pulled back in a messy bun, a few curly strands falling to his thick eyebrows hovering over the far fit eyes in their sockets, the robe, he didnt look anything like the witches she had seen before but he still looked like he was gonna kill somebody any moment. But he had saved her.

You shouldnt do that. he said with a stern look on his face and walked past her.

Its my job to protect my patients. She said. He stood by Berengers bed and they exchanged looks. Felix watched her for a moment and then turned back to Berenger.

Were leaving. He said to Berenger and the barbarian creased his eyebrows.

Wait he cant leave. I have to check his knee atleast. She said starting to panic. Felix looked at her and sighed. She is stubborn.

Fine then. He said and grabbed a seat beside her. Miss Laurel stood there for a moment then grabbed a scissors from the bed side and started cutting the bandage stained with bits of dry blood, wrapped tight on his knee. The wraps were off and then the huge cotton wool soaked in blood. The cut had healed a little bit but it still had a ways to go. She turned to Felix and frowned.

He cant walk with that cut. Felix said nothing and got up. He walked right past her.

Of course I can walk. Berenger started to argue and the Miss Laurel frowned at him.

He needs atleast a few more weeks before that cut can heal enough for him to walk. She said and followed him as he walked past her.

I have a faster way of doing things Miss. He smiled and placed his hand on Berengers knee and began to chant. Berenger looked at him surprised, he had not expected Felix to even attempt to heal him. He was very sure the man had left him for dead in the half elfs hands. The nurse watched him chant a few more times with her eyes wide open and the cut started closing up, bit by bit. Layer by layer, until it got to the outer skin and closed completely.

Ha.. She gasped and reflexively brought her hands to her mouth and covered it. Berenger moved his leg and didnt wince in pain and smiled.

Thanks Felix. He beamed.

I didnt do it for you. Now lets get moving. He frowned. Bereneger got up and grabbed his weapons and started getting ready.

How did you do that? She gathered her confidence and asked. Felix looked at her and smiled.

This is faster dont you agree? He said and leaned closer to her face. She looked away and held her arms in front of her, like a small child that was being scolded.

Your family came by to see you earlier. She said still not looking at him. He watched her then smirked.

Well I want you to give this to them. He said all serious and brought out two small bags full of gold coins from his robe, they had a golden rope tying them up with a sea turtle insignia at the tips. Miss Laurel opened her mouth to protest but he cut her off.