Chapter 4

(ಠ_ಠ)━☆゚.*・。゚I kinda rushed this shit so yeah enjoy.

                     ____________________

"Surprise," Ryoko murmured softly as she took a step closer to the trembling girl whose entire frame was shaking uncontrollably, her hands covering her mouth in shock.

Ryoko couldn't bear to see the look of horror that Rashta wore on her face as she took another step forward."Rashta.." Ryoko said gently in order to break the tense atmosphere.
"No..no..no. It can't be! It's impossible!" she stuttered in disbelief as she took a few steps backwards away from Ryoko." I'm supposed to be dead?!" her voice rising in volume as panic overtook her body.
"Calm down, please calm down.."Ryoko pleaded as she reached out her hand towards Rashta."This is real, believe me.  I know this must seem unbelievable and shocking.. but trust me, it's true." the girl explained carefully, watching Rashta closely."I swear to you, I'm serious.."
 she added after pausing momentarily."But what about you? What about you and I...how does this even work?!"
Ryoko shrugged."I wouldn't think too hard about bringing logic right now, to be honest with you." she said as she shook her head softly, "Just promise me that you will  listen to everything I have to say and won't become hysterical or try anything, okay?" 
Rashta didn't know what to think, her brain was still struggling to take all of this in.
She wanted it to be a bad dream. A nightmare. A hallucination..
She looked at Ryoko silently for a few  moments before nodding slowly."Okay...okay, tell me everything" she said as she looked at the screen  again, feeling numb."Especially about this.. otome game or whatever you call it." 
Ryoko chuckled before explaining everything in detail." It all started the day I was late to school.." 

*✮ . . ° ☆ 
After listening to Ryoko's explanation cause I'm too lazy to write that shit*✮ . . ° ☆ 

"....then I was hit by the mighty truck-sama and that's all I guess." Ryoko finished.
"......" 
"eh..Rashta??" Ryoko called worriedly as she watched the girl stand there silent.
"Hm..yeah, sorry." the girl mumbled, averting her gaze from Ryoko."So you're telling me, that 'we' died and now I'm this character from an otome game?" Rashta asked as she shifted from foot to foot anxiously."I seduced viscount Lotteshu's son and when he abandoned me I run away from the mansion and somehow became the new emperor's mistress. And then no matter who the empress chooses to be with, I will have a terrible fate?" she continued.
"Pretty much." Ryoko said softly, trying to soothe the girl's anxious feelings.
"Wow...that's pretty much fucked up actually," Rashta muttered under her breath after pondering for some time, ignoring Ryoko's 'no cursing!' "and what happens to my- her children?" 
"Your kids? Oh! They'll be fine of course." Ryoko answered nonchalantly."They are alive and well if that's what you mean. your previous lover will raise them."
"But...why am I here?" Rashta questioned, raising an eyebrow." and why I don't have any memories of playing this game, I'm pretty sure I died a week after they released it."
Ryoko grinned and looked at the clock."Looks like it's time for you to wake up again."

"...you're just gonna ignore the question aren't you." 

"Bingo, now leave." 

Rashta sighed heavily as she rose to her feet, taking one last glance at Ryoko before heading out of the room.
"Oh wait! One more thing," Ryoko suddenly said."Get close to that Viscount's daughter, Lily was her name right?"
"It's Lebetti."
"Same thing. now shoo!" she said as she pushed her towards the light.
Rashta shot up in her bed gasping for air.
She rubbed her chest, looking around the room to see if anyone else was there and found it empty as she breathed heavily. she could feel a chill run down her spine. her eyes darted around the room frantically trying to find some clue as to what had happened.
'wait..this isn't my room!' she thought as she realised where she was, it was the young lady's room,  and that made no sense either because how did she end up in there? Her memories went back to earlier that day. her eating apples and hitting her head,  she groaned. what a mess.
'i better go before she comes.' she thought as she was about to get out of the much comfortable bed but stopped midway when she heard footsteps approaching her door. she panicked and quickly went under the covers and pretended to be asleep. she heard the door click open.
She heard the sound of someone walking past her bed,  followed by a soft sigh.
'Troublesome slave.' Rashta heard  the person mutter."Stop pretending, I know you're awake ."
'huh?!?!' Rashta internally cursed herself.
she stayed still,' Shit...shit...shit..' she thought furiously, her heart thumping loudly against her rib cage.
she heard the girl scoff, "It would have been easier if you were sleeping though."
Rashta remained still but then heard something move next to her bed and a finger pressing the wound on her forehead harshly. she flinched slightly, causing the girl to smirk victoriously and removed her finger.
Rashta sat up on the bed and rubbed her wound." How did you know I was awake??" she blurted out before she could stop herself.
the girl shrugged nonchalantly and crossed her arms over her chest, looking annoyed." you snore and move around a lot, you even punched me yesterday."  she said, making Rashta wince slightly as Lebetti showed her the bruise on her arm.
"Please forgive me!" 
 Rashta said nervously as she looked down in shame."It wasn't intentional..."
the girl rolled her eyes and sighed before grabbing a chair that was lying next to the bed and sitting down in front of the bed, leaning back onto the backrest." Just...don't do it again yeah?" she asked while resting her head on her hand."Now that you're awake, we can discuss what happened and what we're going to do next."
"Yes, Miss Lebetti," Rashta replied, trying her best to avoid eye contact and focus on the words she was hearing from the other girl.
."You were lucky I came and found you first, otherwise you'd already be dead." she muttered.
Rashta bit her lip nervously and nodded her head timidly, not being able to say anything." now tell me why did you eat the food supply, you know that's punishable by death, don't you?" Lebetti asked calmly, her voice sounding irritated." well not death exactly, you'll probably get 50 whips or more, but looking at the state you're in, you most likely wouldn't survive the beating."
Rashta gulped and hesitated before replying"It was only a snack, Miss Lebetti."
The girl sighed deeply before answering,"Do you remember anything that happened?" she asked,"anything at all?"
Rashta furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, she need to choose her next words carefully, she refused to die again.
'Get close to her no matter what!' she thought as her eyes filled with tears as she looked at the girl with guilt and sadness." I'm so sorry!." she answered honestly,"I wish I could tell you the truth, but I'm afraid of what she will do to me if I do...please believe me, Miss Lebetti. I only ate it because it was delicious, I didn't want to offend you. Please, forgive me, please-"
Lebetti's patience was running thin as she saw the tears rolling down her cheeks.
She grabbed Rashta's chin roughly and brought it forward to look straight into her eyes."Look at me. If you don't tell me what I want to know then I'll go and tell father what you did." She stated coldly, making sure to emphasize the threat."Now are you ready to tell me the truth or not?!" she hissed, her grip tightening as her eyes pierced into Rashta's eyes." Answer me!" she screamed.
Rashta felt a lump form in her throat and tears flowing freely down her face." It was the head maid, after you embarrassed her last time she beat me up and forbade me from eating anything for a week ." she sobbed, unable to keep her eyes locked with the girl who seemed to be getting angrier every second.
"I tried, I really did but after the third day, I couldn't bear it anymore! It hurts so bad!" Rashta cried."so when I saw the apples I couldn't stop myself ! I knew the consequences but I'll rather be beaten than starve for a whole week!!" she exclaimed. 
Rashta trembled slightly as she wiped her tears and nodded her head weakly, refusing to meet Lebetti's furious gaze." I'm sorry, Miss Lebetti." she mumbled, making sure to look extra pitiful.
A few seconds later she heard the sound of Lebetti standing up from her chair. Her body stiffened as she felt arms  encircling her, pulling her close."Don't worry, Rashta, I won't make you live through that again."
Rashta froze, not expecting the usually proud and haughty lady to hug her like this. "Wha...what are you doing, Miss Lebetti?"
She felt the girl tighten her hug for a few seconds before letting go of her." it looks like the head maid and I need another talk."Rashta looked at the girl with wide eyes before smiling happily."Thank you so much, Miss Lebetti!" she cheered. her plan actually worked! 
"Whatever." Lebetti said dismissively."Just don't try to steal food supply again, I won't be able to lie to father  next time."
Rashta smiled widely and hugged herself tightly, feeling happy that she had finally gotten away with it.
"but how are you going to repay me?"
Rashta blinked."huh?"
"Don't give me that stupid look, I told my father that I was the one who snuck into the room to skip my piano lessons and when I tried to grab the honey jar I slipped but you saved me in time. I got grounded because of you ." Lebetti explained exasperatedly.
Rashta felt ashamed." I'm sorry, Miss Lebetti." she apologised sheepishly.
"It's fine, just don't do it again. I can't handle my father scolding me a second time ." Lebetti said, her lips tugging upwards briefly before frowning."So how do you plan to pay me back?"
"I..umm.I don't know."  Rashta said softly, playing with her fingers nervously." I might come up with something....maybe." she said, 
She heard Lebetti sigh in annoyance before saying, "since you are just a slave you can't do much for me, but I have something you can do."
Rashta looked at her eagerly." what is it, Miss Lebetti?" She's ready to do anything to get win her favour!
Lebetti took Rashta's hands in hers before speaking "be my maid."

"....come again?"