Chapter 12

Need to Know -Doja Cat

Denki rolled his eyes but looked over. He squinted for a moment because that's a weirdly familiar outfit. Sero dropped the girl into a final dip and they locked eyes.

The whole club seemed to have disappeared when Need to Know came on. Denki stood up as Sero made his way back to the booth with Mina.

"Go get your girl." Sero whispered into Denki's ear.

Almost on autopilot, Denki started to walk towards the girl in question. His walking turned into running. The whole dance floor cleared out as soon as he stopped in front of Ari.

"Hey." She smiled at him nervously.

"Is this real?" He stepped closer. "Or is this just another cruel dream?"

"Do you want to hold me to find out?" She giggled.

"No. I'd rather..." he closed the small gap and pulled her into a kiss. An arm wrapped around her tightly as the other made way to the back of her head.

Ari threw her arms around his neck and kept up with his desperate kisses with her own. They began to sway together, focused solely on the feeling of each other. His hand on her hip ran up her spine while the one in her hair ran down her ribs. Her hands moved to his face as they broke the kiss.

"I've missed you." They both said in unison, causing them to laugh a little.

"Where were you? How are you here right now?" Denki asked, looking into Ari's bright green eyes.

"I did die, Denki. But Eri brought me back." Ari looked into Denki's electric yellow eyes.

Denki laid his head against her shoulder. "I missed hearing my name come from your lips. I missed your beautiful green eyes. I missed your earth and cinnamon scent. I missed you."

Ari nuzzled into his hair. "I missed you too, my love. I love you."

Denki pulled away from her to take her form in once again. Tears began to fall from his eyes as he pulled her into a hug. "Do you want to come over? I kind of don't want to catch up in the middle of a club."

"I'd love that, Denki." Ari hugged back.

Denki swept her off of her feet to carry her out of the club without a single goodbye to their friends. Ari waved at them on their way out and the group let out some laughs.

"Looks like I'm staying with you tonight Mina." Sero couldn't help the smile on his face knowing that his best friend was once again whole.

"I already made you a spot on the couch." Mina laughed.