✨ Chapter 3 ✨

🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒

I was honestly forced to continue writing this by my friends like damn...I can't even take a break anymore. 🥲

~ Anyways here's chapter 3 ~

🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒🥒

PREVIOUSLY -
'Just as I was about to join a server that seemed interesting enough, I got a call from Ray...'

-

* Incoming call from Ray *

Halting my actions of placing crisps in my mouth, I look towards the direction of the vibrating device which was now playing 'The feels' by Twice. I set that as my ring tone ages ago but never really changed it. Quickly placing the snack in my mouth I dust the crumbs off my hands. Picking up my phone using my left hand, I swiped the 'accept' button and pressed my right ear against the device.

Honestly, I was surprised at first since I didn't expect any calls from anyone today since I informed everyone earlier that I won't be available for a while, however, everything eventually started to make sense regarding the reason he called me.

As the call went on, we talked about the most strangest things that would most likely have gotten us a extremely long lecture by Penelope (she's like the mom of the friend group), with me occasionally snacking on some chocolate, but eventually he asked me about the discord kitten idea and what I was planning to do after I did find a victim.

Soon after, as I finished explaining to Ray my ideas of how I was going to become a discord kitten and gain robux, I heard a question I would never have expected to come out of his mouth ,"Can i join you, I would love to earn free robux," he said it so casually that I almost thought he was joking. Almost though. 'I guess greed can take over you sometimes huh' I thought to myself. I agreed and we got to work as soon as possible, constantly exchanging different server names which we deemed worthy enough of joining.

• • •

[ The next day ]

It was currently 2am in the morning but unlike other people I'm still wide awake, on call with Ray, both of us joining different servers in hopes of finding the best one.

I'm tired. My fingers hurt from moving the mouse around all night. I'd been clicking on & off from what felt like a million servers. Empty crisp packets and chocolate wrappers lying all over my desk. Some already slipping down from the pile unto the floor. The juice box was long gone, discarded into the small paper pin near my desk, while the paper straw sat in between my lips slowly being chewed on.

I'm tired. I wanted to do nothing else other than climb into my comfortable bed, wearing my comfortable pjs and sleep. But I couldn't. My determination to gain free Robux wouldn't let me give up. Not yet. Not when I've come this far. I won't give up. I will never give up. I'm almost there. This close. Just a few more hours and I would surely find a perfect match. The perfect person that will be easily swayed by my beauty....or voice I guess.

( A/n - Not gonna lie that part was giving me anime mc vibes 😭😭 )

I'm tired.

Just as I was about to give up, turn off my
Laptop and head to bed, the most ear piercing shout connected with my ear drums. I jumped up out of my desk chair, a somewhat quiet high-pitched scream escaped my lips as my phone fell unto the floor.

" -llo??! Rose? You still there?"

The muffled sound of Ray's voice coming from my phone brought me out of my dazed form. I snapped my head towards the direction of the sounds, both of my hands laying on my chest. 'I must've subconsciously placed my hands on my heart..' I figured.

Frantically scrambling towards the device, I grab it with both hands, pressing the 'on' button at the side of my phone, its bright screen lit up half of the room. I squinted my eyes a little to turn down the brightness. Remembering my call with Ray, I quickly put my phone on speaker and placed it down on the desk towards the right side of my laptop near the mouse.

"Bro, was there any need to scream like that?!!"

"Sorry but you weren't answering when I called your name"

"That doesn't give you an excuse to try and make me deaf"

We were arguing back & fort for about a minute when he suddenly told me to shut up in a very aggressive tone. It's normal. If happens like everyday with mostly Me, Mickey and Jasmine at the receiving end of the verbal abuse.

"Rude..anyways what were you gonna say before the whole 'making me deaf' fiasco?", I whispered curiously.

I had to whisper since everyone was asleep at this time and I didn't want my parents casually bursting into my room at 2 in the morning, confiscating my phone for being up this late.

"I found a server", he answered.

My eyes widened at his answer. We finally found a good server to get to work in after what felt like a million years. In that moment I felt a huge weight being lifted off of my shoulders. A sigh of relief left my lips.

After re-discussing the plan on how we would advance from here on out. Hope overtook the desperation in our eyes as we joined the server.

The real adventure was about to begin.

( I might get some things wrong since I don't have discord & don't know what a server is like - A/N )

The voices of hundreds of people filled our ears as we looked at some of the people present in the server. Dynamic conversations was heard all around, voices merging with each other as people fought to be heard by the person who would hopefully receive their end of the conversation behind the screen they sat at.

The conversations ranged from talking about school, family, friends etc. to more darker things such as the black market and dark magic. It was unsurprisingly obvious that some participants in the server were most likely over the age of 20, going down the path of darkness.

Anyways back to the story -

I was slouched back in my black desk chair, both hands occupied with either controlling the mouse or making sure my phone doesn't turn off as I was still on a call with one of my best friends, Ray. Eyes moving ever so slightly up and down; threatening to shut until the break of dawn occurred that very same day.

The all too familiar view of the screen portraying the server was not as mesmerising as it used to be. It didn't encapsulate me as it used to like before when I first joined a server. I've become too familiar with the looks of a server that at this point nothing in it fazed me anymore, but that doesn't affect me in any way so I might as well stop complaining.

Me and Ray both went off to different parts of the platform's server, naming and mentally crossing out possible candidates to become our 'daddies'.

    ——————————————————

A/n ~

DAILY REMINDER: Shuji Hanma is too
fine 🥰🥰

Published - 31.08.22

Edited & Republished - 02.07.23