𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟖

VIII. DANCE, DRINK, TALK, BUT ABOVE ALL, HAVE FUN.

« How? How can you prove it? » Mikasa uttered those words in an imploring tone, implicitly begging to be seduced by the idea, to be reassured.

« I'm going to stay with you, talk to you and never touch you inappropriately, for as long as you want, » the man offered, stepping closer to his beloved.

He took the woman in his arms, bringing her into an embrace that was intended to be comforting, as he let himself breathe softly. Levi felt good when the newly graded shared her warmth with him.

« Okay, » she replied, « stay with me all night. » It was just a whisper, a soft request camouflaged by an order.

He said nothing, just nodded his head, then rested it on his partner's shoulder. The soldier found himself submerged in the vanilla scent of the mixed woman, and he no longer wanted to detach himself from her. However, it was necessary to finish putting everything away, to be able to give Mikasa a well installed place.

It was against his will that he broke the physical contact he shared with Mikasa, preparing for the continuation of his favourite activity. The asian, still clinging to her beloved scarf, followed him, not without letting a thin, amused grin escape her control.

Silence kept them company, following their movements which broke it from time to time. However, their mouths did not do the same, letting the relaxed atmosphere bathe them.

They advanced rapidly in their task, in a hurry to find each other, in a hurry for one to prove himself, in a hurry to be able to love each other again. But this time, it would be an innocent and sweet love. A passionate love, a charged love, a love that one only thinks they can fantasize about. For them, it would soon be real.

Soon.

For the moment, it was only a simple smell of the meal, a light smell which came to awaken the stomach. It was only the lightning that preceded the thunder. The noise of this storm, when it finally sounded, would dissipate all the electricity that took the room, finally allowing the two lovers to meet again.

« I finished cleaning the floor, Levi. What about you? Where are you at?

― Who do you take me for? I finished way before you, brat. »

It was now, it was time. Oxygen stormed their lungs, as Mikasa made her way to the being of her thoughts. She wrapped her arms around her comrade's neck, now holding herself against him.

« Let's dance, » she whispered in his ear. The man had removed his cleaning liners as well as his gear straps, leaving him in his shirt and pants, a perfect combination for the second strongest soldier's desire.

« I can't dance, Mikasa... And there's no music. Who dances without music? » Her former Captain, at that moment, was uncertain and worried. He was vulnerable, and he didn't hesitate to show it. To show it to her.

« Me, apparently, » the half asian replied, suddenly moving away her hand, carrying it in an imaginary, yet magical rhythm. « You have to let yourself be guided, relax... I don't know how to dance either. »

Levi watched his partner twirl around, laugh, enjoying herself, and he would even say, having the most fun she had had in a while. Seeing her so happy, unfiltered, seeing her light up on an invisible dance floor, made him want to surrender himself to that mindset as well. Nothing else mattered that night, not even his insecurities. That night, he was going to forget everything.

That night, they were going to forget everything, together. They were going to give up everything except the comfort of each other's arms. That night, they were dedicated to loving each other.