𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟗

IX. FOR THE LOVE OF TEA.

A heavy weight on her body; that was Mikasa's first feeling that day.

Usually, upon awakening, the woman felt light from her heavy sleep, if her night was not accompanied by nightmares. In the second case, the awakening was not smooth and she found herself quickly ejected from her initial position.

That is how she knew that this weight was not due to her. It was neither a nightmare nor a feeling of refreshment... so what could the third option be?

With apprehension, the raven-haired woman opened one of her eyes to observe discreetly. She almost jumped from surprise when, just below her chin, a man's face appeared. That man was not just any man, being the squad Captain Corporal Levi himself.

Followed by a frown, the woman looked around, and that's when her memories came back to her.

So he had indeed stayed with her all night, and that made her happy. A sincere smile twisted her atypical face as her hand slowly stroked her lover's hair.

That movement seemed to disturb the man who then tightened his hold around the asian's waist. He gave a hoarse growl that echoed silently through the wooden room.

« Tch, » he blurted out, raising his head, « it's sunny already? »

His gaze then crossed the more tender one already spying on him, transmitting so much love and serenity to him.

« Unfortunately, yes, » she replied, knowing full well that it was pointless.

The little man groaned before releasing his beloved, deciding it would be wise to get up. He had never slept so long in one night, thus provoking him not to waste any more time. His routine was important to his functioning after all, and he needed his usual tea to completely wake up.

« Today, I'll let you train the brats alone while I organize the paperwork. When Hanji is gone, I'm the one who has to watch over everything, » Levi informed, getting ready to leave.

« Don't forget to come back tonight, » Mikasa told him with warning tone but innocent eyes.

« Don't worry about that, brat. »

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Mikasa walked among her comrades, with whom she was formerly ranked the same, to observe their fighting techniques. They were only five, since the man possessing the attack titan had left to recruit other members with the Commander. Therefore, one of them was alone.

Floch Forster. It was he who was alone.

Connie and Sasha, eternal and inseparable pair, had obviously gotten together immediately. Jean, who didn't necessarily want to be placed with a boy he didn't think he would like, had gone to see Armin, a young man he had no difficulty being around.

The squad leader observed the confrontation between her female best friend and the man with the shaved head. They sometimes made ridiculous poses, but were still on a similar level and did well.

Her penumbral gaze then moved towards the duo of her not very secret admirer and her best friend. The latter was struggling slightly to keep up with the older one, despite the fact that he had improved over the years. She wanted to help him, but before that, she had someone else to test.

« Forster, against me, » she said sharply, which no one failed to notice.

Ever since the incident on the roof, she had a silent hatred towards the red-haired man. Not only had he wished the new colossal titan's death, but he had also spoken in a way she didn't like. His haugty attitude, his talk about demons, his disrespect towards her. She was far from forgetting any of that.