Meetings

J A X

We didn't talk for a week. I guess everybody was just too scared, confused, or a mixture of the both to even conceive talking to one another. The only memory I have from those weeks was walking into the hallway the next monday, and immediately seeing the others in places where I guessed they had always been, but I never seemed to notice. But now, they were the vibrant colors in a world of grey. But not necessarily in a good way. It was complicated, almost blurry. The next few days I guess passed, and I guess that we had worked something out with Mr. Legger about that day, but I don't remember. A lot of time has passed since then. But the next week, I finally talked to Siph. This was the way that our conversation went.

Me: Okay, we all need to talk.

Him: I agree.

Me: Meet me at the place it happened after school. Spread the word.

Him: Yeah. I will.

And so he did. When they arrived at the site of the strike, we all stood around it in a circle, completely silent. But the peace was broken by Mickie.

"I have a question." He said,

"Shoot." I replied, with a blank look on my face.

"Have any one of you... I dont know how to ask this..." He stumbled on his words, abnormal for him, "Do any of you have like... any... weird scars?" He looked up at us.

We all pulled up a sleeve, a pant leg, or another article of clothing, revealing scars. Well, all excepting me. I looked around at the rest. shay had one behind her ear and on her forehead, Andres' was on the back of his neck, Theo had one on his calf, Siph's was on his forearm, and Mickie's scar ran down his arm to his fingertips. After examining their own scars, they looked expectantly at me.

"What about you?" Andres asked expectantly,

"Oh, right," I responded, and after a moment's hesitation, I pulled down the neck of my Black 'My Chemical Romance' shirt to reveal the circular scar on my chest, over the general area of my heart. Although it started at the heart, it expanded in branches, some extending to my collarbone, and some going down toward my stomach.

"Wow" Shay looked wide eyed, "It's beautiful." Theo gave her a funny look, and she quickly looked down, blushing as much as her milk chocolate complexion would allow her. She was cute when she blushed.

"Well," Siph broke the silence with the question everyone was asking, "What do they mean?" I answered after a pause with,

"I don't know."