10

Ragnars pov
I lead her to the dinner table she's freshened up and very beautiful. As always. Horik asks "is this the Valkyrie you speak of" astrid says "yes" "ah she speaks" he says arrogance lining her tongue. Magnus says something in their language and she chuckles "I was not born a mute lady by anyones side. I'm a queen." He points out "until you wed. I have a son." She chuckles "I do not care about your son or your land the mark of dens....such a weird name." I smirk at her fiery ways. "It's called Denmark" he says. "Is that not what I said Magnus?" "It is your Grace." Magnus says and Horik looks to me "she cannot speak to me this way. What is this ragnar? An alliance with another kingdom" "she's the queen she can speak as she chooses Horik. It's an alliance with who we're born to serve. A true Valkyrie. I've sworn fealty to her and if I have it my way she will be my wife. It's best you do the same Horik. The gods will not be happy at such a disrespect if you wish not to. She is goddess" I say putting him in his place.

"She is but a babe still I will not be under her thumb-" he starts and she slams her hand on the table "I am far from a child Horik and I suggest you don't speak to me as such. I have fought many of battles since I was born. Many of men like you have tried to kill me...I don't remember all of their names but yet they were slain by my hand. I have been kidnapped, beaten and almost sold to slavery. Want to know what kept me going? Faith and fealty to myself. Astrid. Not you or any other man. Men play a game but I always win. Be sure to remember that if you should try to attempt on my life or my mens and dragons."

I smirk liking her like this...so feisty. I add "it is our only true and written in stone duty to the gods. To protect and serve a true Valkyrie should they rise. Anyone who does anything else shall not enter Valhalla. She'll make sure of it. And if she doesn't then her sisters and the gods themselves will" he kneels begrudgingly "I swear fealty to you Astrid. You have my sword at your back for protection and my life if you so need it" it's a load of shit. He's planning something I can still see it in him. She nods "stand" and he does. She says "I do not wish to just decide everything. I joined with ragnar. He swore fealty to me but I'm fighting because of him. But be sure to not forget your place" he nods "yes your Grace" and she nods and he leaves and joins the festivities. I ask "can you really not burn?" She chuckles and nods "yeah." I ask "can I see?" She nods and grabs the nearest candle and I hold my breath as she puts her hand in the flame and it doesn't hurt her. I take her hand feeling just how warm it is. I inspect it "and it doesn't hurt at all? Not even a little bit?" She shakes her head "it makes me feel alive" I smile "you my love are extraordinary"