4. 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥

Ophelia was observing her surroundings; she, Dream, and Matthew the raven were the only ones around

Ophelia was observing her surroundings; she, Dream, and Matthew the raven were the only ones around. It was a lonely, gloomy place.

"Why are we in this place?" Dream stopped walking as she questioned him.

"We're meeting my sister," He said, as she could make out a person approaching them in the distance.

"Death, " she said.

"Good, you know who I am" the woman responded as she reached them.

"Ophelia" Dream stared "We must make you—,"

"Immortal." Ophelia said, looking at both Death and Dream.

"Yes" He said.

"She cannot be made immortal" Matthew remarked.

"It's okay, " Ophelia reassured Matt.

"Are you sure that this is what you want to do?" asked Death.

"Yes, it would be fun, right?" She remarked while chuckling.

"You are welcome to stay in the Dreaming after; it will be great to have you" Dream surprised Ophelia by saying this.

"We'll see," She said, pointing to Death to begin the procedure.

She closed her eyes, expecting things to shift around her, but nothing occurred.

"You can open your eyes" Death said.

"That's it?"

"Yes"

"Oh"

"Thank you, sis, " Dream said to her.

"My pleasure, we will meet soon" Before leaving once again, she stated.

"It's time to go" Dream said, opening his pouch of sand and transferring them to Hell.

Feral ground, withered grass, and a dark red and orange sky with gray clouds all over it.

"It has many names. Avernus, Tartarus, Hades, the infernal region you call Hell"

"So, Hell does exist?" As they stepped onto the ground, Matthew questioned him.

"It does, for some" he replied.

"Does that mean it doesn't exist if you don't believe in it?" Matthew asked again.

"Did you believe in it? When you were a man?"

"Yeah. I just didn't expect Hell to be cold"

"Ophelia?" Dream turned to her.

"Yes, I know someone who is here" She replied.

"Who?" he asked.

"I—"

"So which way do we go?" Matthew asked once more.