-ˏˋ⋆ 1.2- ʟᴀsᴛ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀʀ ᴅᴀʏ

𝕴𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖉𝖆𝖞, I and unnie are ready and currently, and we are having our breakfast. Then dad starts up the conversation with unnie's exams. She then whines saying that he always brings it up when eating. "then what should I ask?" he sasses back. 

"On-Ji, when are your national tryouts?" now it was my turn to reply to his questions. "Next week, Wednesday at 9." he hums in response. "how are you going to go there?" "the school will provide us the bus." just then I hear the doorbell. "must be Haeyoung," I announce. "Wait, we have to finish the sprouts." dad says while taking out a plate from the fridge. "dad I have no time to eat here. You can pack it in a small box, and I'll eat it during the water break." I suggest. "alright."

I open the door and I was right, it was Haeyoung- he is the same age as On-Jo unnie, and he is on the boys' volleyball team. "Hey!" I greet him. "hey are you ready?" he asks. "just a minute, lemme bring my bag." I go back to the kitchen, and I see a small box with a spoon on top of it. I quickly keep it inside my bag. I give a quick hug to dad and unnie, and leave the house with Haeyoung. We talk about our schedule, in the morning the girls have the practice and in the afternoon, the boys have it and in the evening, we have it all together. When we reach the ground floor, we see the students run for their lives. Bet they are late. Then we see the minibus arriving at the stop for us.

When we reached the school, we got separated because he had to go to the class whereas I have to go to the volleyball court. On my way, I saw Gwi-nam coming my way with his bully friends in front of him. I quietly pass through him, well that's what I thought, but he grabbed my wrist pretty tight and whispered, "aren't you the youngest volleyball player representing the school?" He sounds as if he knew the information but still asking me just to mess with me. I try to remove his grip from my wrist and tell him to stop coming any closer to me. 

"you better stop" Gwi-nam looks at him and scoffs and leaves to the construction site. "Are you okay?" he asks softly, I nod my head in response. "shouldn't you be in practice?" he asks. "that's where I am going," I reply while giving a soft smile. With that, I leave him there and head to the court. "TAKE CARE AND GOOD LUCK!" he yells at me. I turn back to him and see him with a smile and mouthed 'will do' to him. With these butterflies in my stomach, I skip to the court happily.

When I enter the practice room, that's when I remembered that I left my book bag with unnie and I can't go to her class during break cuz I would have only 15 minutes of a break today I won't have time to eat AND bring my back. I look at the clock, I have exactly 28 minutes. I quickly put my clothes bag in the locker and dash to unnie's classroom.

(Bold- Korean, Bold and Italics- English)

I reach 2-5, unnie's classroom, I slide the door open to see Ms Park greeting them. I give her an embarrassed smile and say 'hi' in English. In a sarcastic tone she replies in English, "this is the 3rd time I am catching you like this." and she folds her hands. I hide behind the door from the embarrassment. "I came to collect my bag." I reason. "you could have it during lunch..." "Yes but Ms Park, I have got only 15 minutes of break where I have to have my food and bring my bag. That would take more than 15 minutes." I whine. "fine just go take your bag and you guys place your phones." she says half the sentence to me and the other half to the class.

I go near On-Jo unnie, "did you get late?" I ask her. She simply looks at me. "I saw you running." I take my bag from under the table. "On-Jo ah, this is your phone from last year, take it now." the class roars with laughter. "On-Ji ah, where's your phone?" Ms Park asks me. "with me," I say slowly. "give it to me, I'll keep it." she motions me to give my phone to her. "ah no no no, I'll give it Couch San, he'll keep it." I say.

I try to escape from the classroom, "GOOD LUCK." the same voice, I see the same guy who saved me earlier. I give him the biggest smile and leave the classroom.

I stand in my position, hitting the ball whenever I can and trying my best to score points. Outside the window, I see an ambulance exiting the school. Did someone get a serious injury?

-time skip, break-

I am in the canteen, with my food tray and my bag, I finally came back from practice, and now I have regular school till 4.30 PM.

I am searching for On-Jo unnie. I spot her white sweater. I go near her table and greet them. I place my food tray on the table and my bag on the chair beside me. "so how is the practice going on?" I-sak unnie asks me. "it's going good." I reply with a bright smile. "aigo she is so cute" she nudges On-Jo unnie, "I heard that you got selected for the tryouts for the national team?" I nod my head vigorously while eating my rice.

"Yah! Why is Su-hyeok looking at you?" On-Jo unnie pointed out. "who?" I ask. "Someone" she mumbles.

"Where is Ah-Chae?" On-Jo unnie asks me. Ah-Chae is my best friend, classmate and volleyball team player. "She went to Busan due to personal reasons, she'll come back this weekend," I reply.

After 15 minutes of talking and finishing my lunch, it was my time to leave. "Bye unnie, I have to go back to my class." both of them say their goodbyes. I placed my empty food tray near the food tray counter and leave the canteen with my bag hanging on my shoulders.

I am in the hallway, walking toward my class. Suddenly I feel someone's presence behind me. Then that person started walking beside me. "hey! It's you! The one who always wished me 'good luck'" we kept talking still keeping our pace. He gave a shy smile. "what?" I broke his train of thoughts. "I'm surprised that you remembered me."

"I'm Su-hyeok." he introduces himself. Ohh it was him, On-Jo talked about in the canteen. "On-Ji" I smile at him, and immediately he smiles back.

We still kept on walking without talking to each other. Still enjoying each other's presence. But it all broke when people suddenly started running towards each other, eating and grunting. I stop in my tracks and Su-hyeok drags me in the opposite direction we came from.