YOU CANT SAVE EVERYONE

Hey guys, it's been a while :)
Here's something I wrote as a prologue. I'm interested in knowing if you would want to read a book that starts with this bit, so please let me know 🥰

~~
Some looks stay with you forever. As the first sunrise you have managed to witness, or the look on a lover's face when they first confessed their love.
My freshest look does not fall into the same categories, unfortunately. It is much darker and intense.
The first time I laid eyes on a dead corpse.
A human being, like any other. Only his eyes are void of any color and soul. Body cold to the touch. He is within my reach, a foot away from my touch. However, he feels absolutely distant.
The dead gaze of his eyes hollowed me deeply, until there was no reaction of me. And yet, I could not look away from his body, where it laid on the floor inside the dark room.
Short rays of sun have managed to seep through the small window, highlighting the parts of his face that used to be full of life. Now, all that is visible there is the pale skin that grazes his body.
He was the first man that I could not save.
~~
The second time was a bit different.
A reaction left me, at last.
A lousy tear running down my cheek, as if I just lost a soul I cared deeply about, when in fact, he was just another number to me. Continuing the list that crushed my soul. List of people who were too unfortunate not to gain the help they needed. List of families that I have failed. List of the people I could not save.
"You could never save them all," we are told since our first day. "Some people are beyond help."
Inside my head, I know it is true, but no matter how hard I try, I cannot convince myself that it applies to me.
Some day I will learn the truth about my job.
Soon enough I will find out the toll that it takes on my soul.
I will also learn, however, that I wouldn't change it for the world.