JUST ONE LOOK

It's past eleven P.M and I decided to say fuck it to my insecurities.

I will most likely regret this decision tomorrow morning, but lets hope that I'll make it through.

thanks for choosing to try this shitty thing out, it's very much appreciated and I hope it'll be enjoyable to you (:

~~~

It only took one look.

Sometimes that's enough.

One lock of eyes- a pair of light brown ones staring into the green sparks on the other. staring for perhaps a bit too long.

He stared at him from the corner of the room, hiding in the shadows like he usually does. Examining the person standing in the center of the room, confidently drawing attention. Attention which he soon gets from everyone around him. That's how much power he had.

His big smile is showing, lighting up the room, the green eyes that welcomed all of his acquaintances in the class were now lingering on the boy in the corner, possibly the only one that didn't jump out of his seat when the beloved boy entered, loud and popular as ever.

But when he tears his eyes from the lonely boy in the back and goes to sit with his friends in the front, speaking and laughing loudly, he doesn't notice the brown eyes, following his moves from the other side of the classroom.

The brown eyes that belong to the boy who spends his teenage years silently lurking around, not giving people any reason to notice him. Almost invisible to most. He doesn't want the attention, frankly, he's quite scared of it. He prefers to be the one that listens and keeps quiet. Hearing people talking in the halls or inside the classrooms, not even noticing that he is there.

He's not the one to speak up in class, even though he knows the answers to most of the questions that the teachers ask.

 He just doesn't speak up. He's terrified to. But god, how much he wants to find the courage to.

The courage that the other kid has, to simply start talking to everyone and make people fall for him within seconds.

So when he stares at the boy's wide smile, he can't help but envy Henry.

The loud chatter in the room comes to an end as the teacher enters the classroom, but before putting his focus in the lesson, Carter decided to turn his head around, as if he can feel the piercing stare at the back of his neck, and their eyes lock again, just for a few moments, before the lonely boy turns to look down at his desk sheepishly instead.

~~~

I can't believe I'm doing this