Chances

Ricky POV

Stan, Soos , and Wendy are setting up for a party at the Mystery Shack. Stan says it's just to "make money" ; but, I like to think he wants the kids to have fun.  Dipper and Mabel pretend to barf on each other using silly string with Wendy . It's nice seeing them having a good time. I mostly ignoring them as I , once again, am fixing the speakers. 

I have to set up the bands stuff while I'm at it. We got a small gig for the party, which was really nice of Stan. I just finished the song the other day and I just hope Wendy really likes it...

 Stan yells at them to stop wasting the party supplies and takes the silly string away,

"Hey, hey! How's about you make yourself useful and copy these flyers?" He shows Dipper and Mabel the flyer I made.

Mabel gets excited, "Oh boy, a trip to the copier store!"

Soos starts singing a homemade slogan, "Calendars, mugs, t-shirts and more! They got it all at the copier store! That's not their slogan, I just really feel that way about the copier store."

Stan denies the idea, "Save the trouble. You know the old copier in my office? I finally fixed the old girl up! Good as new!" 

Probably 'cause he wouldn't have to pay.

I laugh to myself and continue working. I just hope tonight goes well.

________________________________________________________________________________

Time Skip to Party (3rd POV)

 Soos is at the DJ booth, almost shaking with excitement and nervousness, "The energy, it's electric! Uhh, lightning," He struggles to find the right button on his keyboard, "lightning, lightning, lightning..."

Stan can be heard in the corner with the pines twins, "-if anyone wants to leave, I'm charging an exit fee of 15 bucks!" This puts a few party goers in a panic.

Nate starts counting money with Lee, "We've only got 13!"

"We're trapped!"

Lee and Nate start pounding on window, screaming for help. And a dance party ensues.

________________________________________________________________________

Wendy 3rd POV

Wendy can be seen looking at party through window, "Whoa! Sounds like the party's getting nuts." She can faintly hears Soos through the wall.

"Let the battle for the party crown begin! Mabel comes out strong! Watch out, Pacifica!"

"I've gotta get in there! Cover for me?" She turns and looks at Dipper hopefully.

Dipper, looking a bit dejected, "Umm... well I, um–"

Wendy jumps up and runs off inside, "Thanks, man!"

As she runs, throwing the door open to almost hitting Ricky's band tuning for the show.

"OH, sorry didn't see you guys there!" Wendy closes the door behind her to see some random guy with drumsticks holding Ricky up. Though she has never met him (or knows of their relationship) a pang of jealousy at the bottom of her stomach as she stares.  Her gaze lowers to his hand on Ricky's waist while he helps straightens her.  Wendy huffs out her nose while his hand lingers, feeling an unknown anger swell in her chest.