𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨

˗ˏˋ third person 'ˎ˗

matthew hadn't stopped crying since he found out about bri, just last night. he didn't sleep at all after that, sitting on his phone and scrolling through old photos of the two of them. the pictures of them when they first met, their first dates...he even looked through his notes and found everything he wanted to remember.

he had written down her favorite starbucks drinks, her taco bell order, her favorite colors, favorite movies, her comfort shows. matthew loved bri more and more each day. he felt betrayed. he felt like he was used, which honestly, he was. 

he thought back to when he and brianna first met. brianna didn't get along too well with her family, and she hadn't yet had a job or a car of her own. matthew, being as infatuated as he was, took her in. living with matt allowed her to finish school and pursue her career, which she was worried she'd never be able to do before. she was able to get her own car, allowing her another sense of freedom, which clearly was a mistake.

he wondered how long she'd been talking with kit. the name made his stomach churn.

among everything he was feeling, he wondered how the girl he spoke to was handling this. had she cried all night too? was she mourning their future and everything that was supposed to happen but never would? he wondered if she had spoken to kit since she found out about the affair.

he hadn't spoken to bri. he wasn't surprised that he hadn't heard from her, as she'd told him before she left that she would arrive late to san francisco, and probably go straight to bed. matthew chose to hold onto that, not wanting to think about her and kit having the time of their lives together, while he was stuck in cloudy old boston.

as he opened imessage, fully prepared to start typing some sort of message to bri, another notification popped up from the unsaved number. it was noa. he decided to save it.

random noa girl 🤢
have u talked to
brianna? kit hasn't
answered any of my
messages since he left
yesterday
10:21 a.m.

matthew
i haven't heard
anything from bri.
do you know where
they were planning to
stay?
10:22 a.m.

random noa girl 🤢
the messages said
something about
staying at an air
b&b in sf
10:22 a.m.

random noa girl 🤢
155 bayshore drive
san francisco, california
94016
10:24 a.m.

matthew
i am going to
commit arson.
10:24 a.m.

random noa girl 🤢
pls do. i'll buy gasoline.
10:25 a.m.

another notification popped up on matt's screen. it was from brianna.

brianna ❤️‍🔥
good morning baby!
i hope you slept well
and i miss you already.
i love you so much.
10:26 a.m.

his thumbs danced over the keyboard. he was at a loss. what does he even say at this point? good morning? no, it's not a fucking good morning.

he switched the screen back to noa.

matthew
bri just messaged me.
she said good morning.
what do i say?
10:26 a.m.

random noa girl 🤢
tell her u hope
she gets hit by a
bus
10:27 a.m.

matthew
i can't say that.
10:27 a.m.

incoming call from random noa girl 🤢 !

matthew clicked accept.

"hello?"

"do not say anything. i want to catch these fuckers in the act."

"in the act of what?" matt had noticed that noa didn't sound as upset. she must've been taking it a lot better than he was.

"cheating, smart one. i wanna see the look on kit's face when  he knows that i know."

matthew stood up off the couch, making his way to the kitchen. "how do you plan on confronting him? they're going to be gone for the next three months. we can't wait three months to confront them."

"i am going to san francisco."

"you are not," matthew chuckled. 

"i am. i have the address. we can break in there and raid the place, matt."

he sighed. "it sounds fun. it's just not practical."

noa hung up the phone. he pulled the phone away from his ear, checking his notifications from brianna. he felt a pain in his chest as he read the message once again. he had to admit that noa had a point. he would get no satisfaction by confronting bri over the phone. he wouldn't be able to say everything he wanted.

he wanted her to see the pain she caused. he wanted her to know that it was over. he was serious.

he didn't want to spoil noa's plans. she was cheated on, too.

matthew
love you too bri.
10:34 a.m.