𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐬

˗ˏˋ matthew 'ˎ˗

i found out rather quickly that, not only is noa sai one of the sweetest girls i've ever met, but she also snores.

she'd barely finished one slice of pizza before she passed out, her phone in her left hand and a paper plate with pizza crust on her right side.

i couldn't help but notice her phone lighting up in her hand, all notifications coming from imessage. i assumed it was from kit, although i learned earlier today not to snoop when it comes to her phone.

the only other light in the room came from the buildings outside, shining through the window, along with the small tv playing old re-runs of full house. noa had told me how often she watched this show as a child, and how much it reminded her of living with her parents when she was younger.

she used to beg them to allow her to stay up an extra half hour so she could watch just one more episode of full house.

"they knew what they were doing to all the young girls watching when they casted john stamos as uncle jessie," she had told me, taking the first bite of her pizza.

i sigh, debating whether or not to even plug her phone in at all. i didn't want her to wake up and get the wrong idea. i didn't want her to think i was going through it in her sleep.

i decided i would help her out, and just explain to her that she fell asleep with it in her hand, if she asked any questions about it in the morning.

i stand up off my bed, taking no more than two steps to reach hers. i lightly grab her phone out of her hand, the screen still lighting up with messages from kit. i hoped they weren't nasty, i didn't need her waking up in a horrible mood from reading them.

i plug the phone in, placing it screen down on the nightstand. i then grabbed her paper plate, tossing it in the garbage against the wall. she took a deep breath in, and i instantly cursed myself for waking her up.

although, she didn't really open her eyes at all. instead, she turned onto her side, facing away from the nightstand. i breathed a sigh of relief.

i walk over, reaching for the blanket she had packed from home. it was a light gray blanket, decorated with small white flowers with yellow centers. daisies, i guess. it was curled up by her feet, so i took it and lightly placed it over her body.

i couldn't sleep. noa had seemed to pass out quickly, and i was jealous. knowing my luck, i'd be up til four in the morning.

i typically smoked before bed, it usually was the only thing that made me relaxed enough to actually fall asleep. i debated stepping outside quick, but that meant i'd have to open and close the door a couple of times, and it might wake noa. plus i'd have to walk down to the elevator, ride the elevator, walk outside...too much work for little energy.

i sat back down in my bed, leaning my back against the headboard. i check my phone, no new messages from anyone except my brother, chris.

chris 🍊
the hell you doing in ny?
12:59 am

matthew
jesus christ how
many people have
my location?
1:00 am

chris 🍊
everyone in the family
group chat plus
your batshit crazy gf 😝
1:00 am

matthew
fyi my batshit crazy
gf is the reason i'm in
new york
1:01 am