August 11, 1912

WARNINGS: Due to the fact that this takes place in 1912, there, unfortunately, are some aspects of period-typical attitudes and homophobia (though never as a direct result of Ben's or Paul's thoughts or actions, just to be clear).

***These themes do not make up the majority of the story, but there will be moments where they are present.
Please read with caution.

Additionally, Paul's relationship with his father is unhealthy and psychologically abusive to an extent.

@awkwardlywrite 

@temo_gemo

The boys do have twitter but they are currently private. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

XI

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Let me teach you how to be free, Paul.

I don't have a lot of money, but I can promise you that I will take care of you.

There's so much I can show you..."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

— 𝐏𝐀𝐔𝐋 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐑 .

The following day, the breakfast table Paul sits at is all but silent. His disappearance from dinner the evening prior has clearly not gone unnoticed by his father, though his fiancé seems indifferent, if not perhaps hungover.

"How about a stroll along the promenade deck this morning?" Paul suggests in an attempt to break the silence.

"Jennifer, I believe the fresh air will do you well, and father, we can discuss business if you so wish to?"

Although both seem reluctant to Paul's suggestion at first, with a little more convincing, it isn't long until the trio finds themselves walking amongst other first-class passengers at a leisurely pace during a rather pleasant sunny, yet chilly day at sea.

Strolling with arms linked despite there still being an awkward silence between Paul and his fiancé, there is no doubt that Paul is relieved once they come across another couple; a business associate of Paul's father and the man's wife.

With his fiancé lost in conversation with the woman and his father discussing business, Paul is left standing excluded and glances down at the lower decks in search of a familiar face. Once he catches sight of Benjamin Solo, a flash of excitement rushes through him, and he can't stop himself from withdrawing.

"E– Excuse me..."

Without hesitation, Paul leaves the sides of his current company and heads toward the man from the previous evening with a hint of a smile on his lips.

"Good Morning, Mr. Solo."

𝐁𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐎 .

The following day, Ben decides to skip breakfast. He's tired and can't seem to get himself up, thoughts of Paul Sevier flooding his senses. Staying up late forces him to sleep in, ignoring the sound of the other lower-class passengers that make noise in abundance throughout their morning routines.