fifteen

It's been a whole year. Since I moved to Sicily with just my own company. Well it started like that.

I'm currently sat on the beach with the waves crashing around me. Sand in between my toes and the salty taste from the water resting on my lips.

I hear Marnie giggling from far. Not too far.
She's making sandcastles with her Daddy. Beautiful sight to see very. Indeed.

She's two years old now. My baby has grown so quick. Very quick. Before I know it she will be 18 and getting married...
Not something that will happen if I have my say. I won't rest until so.

Anyways enough of that.

I jolt

I jolt.
I grasp the handles.

I'm pushed towards the blanket where Marnie is sat. Blake pushes me along in my wheelchair.
I can walk small distances with little pain which is great. Blake denies me walking as it could cause damage, what's the point of walking when he's there to control my movement when he wants by being glued inside a wheelchair. It's his ideal world surely.

Marnie is happy munching on some chocolate coated strawberries. They're making my mouth water. I reach down push my foot plates a side and start to stand. Blake grasps my hips and pushes me back into the chair.

"What was that for Blake. I want a strawberry they look delicious. Marns is going to end up eating them all at this rate and be none left."

"Wife- you're in a wheelchair for a reason. If you want a strawberry I shall assist you on getting one. You only have to ask"

he smiles

"Husband- I can walk. I'm not paralysed my legs move and so does the rest of my body. Perfectly well actually. I need to move."

"Dear, when we get back to the mansion, I will call the doctor and the nurse to come and do some obs and check your progress and see where we can go from there"

He leans in a kisses me on top of my head, gently brushing my cheek at the same time.
He's been so gentle with me over the last year. Loving too- the old Blake is distant by a little not completely he still gives his firm orders. Possessive.
I return the kiss- I find it awkward I always have. I don't think there is any feelings there towards him. Pretending can be extremely hard- especially when your husband can tell when you're lying to him. Huh.

"Before we leave I have a request. Just a small one. If you and Marnie will accompany me with doing so"

"Which is? I'm intrigued."

"I want to walk or even stand just for a few in the sea. I want to feel the water splashing in and out of my toes. With you two by my side."

"Yes- of course. Just for a few minutes nothing to dramatic. Until the doctor has checked you over"

I whisper- "thank you- dear"

He wraps his arm around my waist supporting me.

My family- Marnie - Blake - Me

My family-
Marnie - Blake - Me

X