A Red Gem

*💚Deku's POV💚*

I always wanted to be a Hero, but every time I talked about it I would get bullied, especially by Kacchan. But I never let anyone take my dream away. Then I met All Might and he said, 'It's not bad to dream, but you also have to consider what is realistic, young man.'.

Those words alone made my entire World fall apart. "So, I can't be a Hero huh. Maybe I might get a Quirk in my next life like Kacchan said." I thought out loud.

I started to remember all the things everyone said about me. 'You'll never be a Hero. You're a Quirkless wanna be. Just die already.' I started trembling as I stood on the rail of the building, ready to commit suicide. When all of a sudden I heard a girl's voice behind me.

"If I were you I wouldn't do that. If you want a chance to be a Hero that is."

I got off the rail and looked behind me and I saw a teenage girl in a UA uniform. She had black and blue hair, green eyes, with a black marking on her face. She had black wings on her back, but they only lasted for a few seconds. Because they turned into black ink.

I screamed at the sight of her wings turning into ink. "Hey, it's alright. It's just like this from using my Quirk." I didn't notice until now that she was holding a drawing pad, because once she raised it in the air, all the ink was sucked into it.

" I didn't notice until now that she was holding a drawing pad, because once she raised it in the air, all the ink was sucked into it

She started talking again. "For now you can call me Dusk, but right now lets talk about you. If I remember correctly you want to become a Hero, right? But you can't because you don't have a Quirk, right?" Her words felt like fire to me so I answered. "Yes." In a very irritated voice.

"If that's the case, I can help you. But you will have to wait until tomorrow though. All you have to do is wear this necklace until you wake up tomorrow morning." She said as she handed me a necklace with a red stone, like a ruby, in the middle.

"What the heck is this necklace supposed to do about anything about my problem!?" I asked her

She gave me a smug look. "I can't tell you that until tomorrow, but you will notice the difference tomorrow morning. You just need to keep this necklace on until then, no matter what you do don't take it off. I'll see you tomorrow." She said before she vanished into thin air. I'm guessing it was a result of her Quirk.

I thought I had nothing left to lose so I put on the necklace. I then went home as the night went by. I went to bed after eating dinner with my Mom, I grabbed the necklace that was around my neck and looked at the stone that was on it.

I thought that was maybe a gift or a way to say, keep going on, as I fell asleep into the night. Little did I know that the necklace I was wearing would change my life entirely.

Hey guys, I hope you all will enjoy this book. And remember, I adopted this story. Well see you all later my Fighting Cubs!